August 8, 2011

colorful collections | vintage scarves

Happy Monday!!  Hope you all had restful weekends!  Can you believe it’s already August 8?  Where is the time going?

Today, I’m thrilled to be sharing three of my favorite vintage scarves with you, all of which are thrift store purchases (!).  This is the second post of my Colorful Collections series.  You can read about my first here.

All photos by Rebecca Beach for A Daily Something.

Recently, I’ve been so inspired to actually wear my scarves.  In my hair, as a belt or bracelet, and even tied in a bow around my neck.  Today I wore the vintage floral scarf, tied in a large bow around my neck.  I paired it with red/orange cutoff jean shorts, a gray t-shirt and gold//leather accessories.  The scarf absolutely completed my outfit and I felt so Parisian. And for a day at the beach, I usually tie the blue and white striped scarf to my straw hat.  Très chic.

My scarf role models are Bri, who almost always accessorizes with a scarf and made an ode to scarves, Stephanie and her scarf bracelet arm party, and Vicki Murdoch who designs beautiful, fun and colorful scarves, Silken Favours.

Hope you enjoy this colorful collection of mine!

P.S. I was going to post about my weekend and share some fun pictures, but had some photoshop troubles, and my brother – my own personal geek squad – was already in bed.  So, I’ll share about my weekend later this week.  I had a blast though, and picked up a sweet vintage treasure.

1. Lindsay @ Delighted Momma

August 8th, 2011 at 5:47 am

I think the floral ones are my favorite!

I am dying to get photoshop!! I keep hinting it to my hubbs but I dont think he is catching on that I NEED it 😉

2. Blue

August 8th, 2011 at 9:50 am

I agree, the floral is awesome! What material is it?

3. {The Perfect Palette}

August 8th, 2011 at 1:29 pm

colorful vintage scarves? Yes, please!! Those are so fun!

xoxo, chrissy
    The Perfect Palette

4. HazelandMare

August 8th, 2011 at 1:44 pm

These are so lovely! I have just gotten into wearing scarves recently because my mom brought me one from France. It is so pretty, and you're right, I do feel very Parisian when I wear it! I will have to keep my eyes peeled for some pretty vintage ones 🙂

5. Andrea@Fancy That!

August 8th, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Ah, stripes. What's cooler than a striped scarf?

6. Staley Mc

August 8th, 2011 at 1:59 pm

How pretty! I love the citrus and shapes!

7. Hilary Inspired

August 8th, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Yes, another supporter of actually wearing scarves!! I love the last one from your collection…those colors are so interesting together. Thanks for sharing! (oh, and my brother is my tech support too… must be something about brothers!)

8. sherri lynn

August 8th, 2011 at 2:23 pm

These scarves are beautiful! What great finds from thrift stores! I love the citrus & shapes one.

9. Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat.

August 8th, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Love all of those scarves! I'm always searching out new ways to wear them…

XO
    Lenore

10. Haley{PairsandPours}

August 8th, 2011 at 4:47 pm

love love the striped scarf. I have a scarf obsession. they add a great touch to any outfit!

11. Gloria

August 8th, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Love the pretty floral one – what a fabulous find!

12. Erika Lee Sears

August 8th, 2011 at 5:50 pm

I am so loving stripes this season but I think I am really starting to love love love florals for fall

13. Lara {simply irresistible blog}

August 8th, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Those scarfs are so beautiful. I especially like that last one with the bright shapes. Such a great addition to an outfit.

14. Julie {love, julie}

August 8th, 2011 at 6:10 pm

ooo these are beautiful!! I love the blue and white stripes. you need to take some pictures of those fabulous outfits you are describing!

15. Sam {fitnessfoodandfaith.blogspot.com}

August 8th, 2011 at 7:24 pm

i just love all of these!! so pretty.

16. Stephanie @ henry happened

August 8th, 2011 at 7:24 pm

i LOVE this!! Good for you in wearing scarves – let's start a trend! 🙂 I can't pick a favorite – they are all awesome!

17. rebecca

August 8th, 2011 at 9:09 pm

i have a million winter scarves, but none for summer. i need to get a silky scarf like these to keep the sun off my white chest.

18. Audrey Leighton

August 8th, 2011 at 9:42 pm

ooo – they all look so pretty 🙂

xoxo

19. Jaclyn

August 9th, 2011 at 12:14 am

Such pretty scarves, I love the last one. Your blog is adorable by the way, I'm so glad i came across it.

20. Drew {Coral Cafe}

August 9th, 2011 at 1:20 am

I am definitely loving the citrus shape scarf!! I've been playing a lot w. scarves this summer too! So fun! 😉

21. Tamra {walkswithBella}

August 9th, 2011 at 1:34 am

Beautiful scarves!! love the striped one, great finds!!! Where do you normally find them?

22. Katie

August 9th, 2011 at 1:52 am

So gorgeous! I love scarves, the best accessory if you ask me! xo

August 9th, 2011 at 1:53 pm

@Blue: I'm not sure of the material….and there is no tag. Maybe it's silk??

@Tamra: I frequent several local (depending on what state I'm in, lol) thrift stores. The two I go to the most are Trinity United Methodist Thrift Shop in NJ and Blue Ridge Hospice Thrift Shop in VA. 🙂

Thanks for the sweet comments, everyone!

24. classiq

August 9th, 2011 at 3:11 pm

A beautiful scarf can make all the difference and completes so nicely an outfit. Love all of these featured here.
    Ada

25. Elle Sees

August 11th, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Oh how I love a scarf. I'm buying them eve though it is 95 outside.

26. Tracey

August 11th, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Stripes are the best! You have a great little space here. Thanks for popping over to join in the party! You are most welcome anytime. xx

27. Connie @ Daydream in Color

August 11th, 2011 at 11:37 pm

Gorgeous! I love scarves & patterns.