August 16, 2011

create | a new necklace

All photos by Rebecca Beach for A Daily Something.

For some inspiration yesterday, I took a trip to Lowes.  I walked up and down the aisles for over an hour.  I’m positive the employees thought I was certified crazy.  It’s amazing how much inspiration you can find in a hardware store if you keep your mind open (and yes, I picked up some neon pink twine, thanks to Angela Hardison over on You Are My Fave).

The supplies to this chunky brass and rope necklace were all purchased at Lowes.  Don’t you love how industrial//nautical//elegant it looks?!  I can’t wait to wear it!  🙂

Have a great Tuesday, friends!!

P.S. After reading Monday’s blog post, my friend Russell reminded me that when I started my blog, he suggested I name it “The Daily (or every other, or when inspiration strikes) Something.”  All that to say sorry again for my lack of interestingness yesterday.  You are all so very patient!

1. Tara

August 16th, 2011 at 5:26 am

Wow I love it! You are very creative!
    Great photos too!

2. Lindsay @ Delighted Momma

August 16th, 2011 at 5:29 am

LOVE it!! so creative and it turned out great! The hardware aisle can be so inspirational

3. Erika Lee Sears

August 16th, 2011 at 7:35 am

what's funny every time I go into Lowes or Home Depot- I think I am in one of those movies or shoes like the office. 🙂

I could spend all day in the art or book store.

4. adele

August 16th, 2011 at 7:54 am

Would love to see it worn xoxo

5. Sara

August 16th, 2011 at 8:43 am

Wow you are so creative, I also love the result, I cant believe it’s made from rope and all the other stuff, I would have never thought of that but the result is awesome, I should tray that! Your blog is lovely and I'm a new follower! Hope you'll like my blog and follow back!

Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

6. Alyce

August 16th, 2011 at 10:54 am

Hey Rebecca, thanks for stopping by my blog today!

7. Leslie *Fresh Out of Lemons*

August 16th, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Lowe's should totally give you your own space in an aisle to sale these!

8. Jenna

August 16th, 2011 at 12:32 pm

I want to see you wearing it! Mostly because I want to know if it starts itching your neck like crazy. (Okay fine, I go crazy with anything around my neck. Like ever. I was the annoying kid who never wore their nametag) but I want you to tell me that this isn't itchy because it looks so cute!

9. bink and boo

August 16th, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Well it looks like I'm off to Lowes this afternoon. I MUST have that pink twine! And the necklace you created is absolutely beautiful. The juxtaposition of the shiny hardware against the rope…love it. Very clever with the closure on the necklace. I am kicking myself and wondering why I never thought of it. Thanks for the inspiration!

Wishing you sunshine & cheer,
    Bianca

10. Staley Mc

August 16th, 2011 at 12:57 pm

How cool! So simple but so pretty!

11. sherri lynn

August 16th, 2011 at 2:37 pm

This turned out great! And I have on my list to get hot pink twine too, after reading You are My fave 🙂

12. Hannah {Culture Connoisseur}

August 16th, 2011 at 3:12 pm

So pretty, does the rope scratch your neck?

13. Stephanie @ henry happened

August 16th, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Love the hardware store! And this is so great – I love the brass!

14. Jules

August 16th, 2011 at 6:41 pm

ahhh! just stumbled across your blog….instant LOVE!!!!

love your photography and all the text in the photos (something that I'm addicted to seeing and doing in my own photos too!) Bookmarking and following you!!!!!

keep up the awesomeness!!

xx

sincerely
    jules

15. Sam {fitnessfoodandfaith.blogspot.com}

August 16th, 2011 at 7:33 pm

so pretty!!! i love the rope texture.

Sam @ fitness food & faith

16. Heather

August 17th, 2011 at 3:12 am

The hardware store can be so inspiring! Especially when you go with the eye of an artist. I've found lots of good ways to accent my work with wire, wood, all sorts of things. Its very satisfying too, to look past something every day use and find art or style in it 🙂

17. The.Red.See

August 17th, 2011 at 3:44 am

Great DIY! The hardware store is great for DIY projects, I have some bolts and things laying around I need to do something with. And yes the employees probably think you're crazy! When they ask if I need help I tell them you don't even want to know what I'm planning!