August 12, 2011

falling for France…

As I write this, I’m sitting at the kitchen table, struggling to learn the French language (read: I’m giving myself the best immersion class possible and dutifully studying the Sartorialist).  I’m falling for [fall inspired] French fashion.  So simple and chic.   I love the muted tones.

This week marks the last week in my quest to learn a foreign language.  I chose French.  It’s romantic.  & my boyfriend’s entire family is fluent in French.  Logical, right?

Maybe for someone else.  But my brain + trying to learn a language = failure.  Not to mention the fact that I’m taking it online and I haven’t applied myself like I should have.  I should have taken a foreign language as a youngster.  Kids learn so much faster than adults.  Thank you Google, for inventing this.  You’re a lifesaver!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend, friends!!  I’ll be glued to my computer (not out of the ordinary) trying to cram 6 or so weeks of French into 1 weekend (out of the ordinary).

till Monday,

Image One // Image Two // Image Three

1. Andrea@Fancy That!

August 12th, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Good luck! I think proficiency in any language just comes with time and use–and it's difficult to find use when you're in the US! Perhaps your boyfriend's family would make a pact to speak only in French around you, even if you beg and plead with them to translate… 😉

2. Sam {fitnessfoodandfaith.blogspot.com}

August 12th, 2011 at 1:14 pm

bonne chance, mon amie!!

Sam @ fitness food & faith

3. Ana Degenaar

August 12th, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Your blog gets better and better with time. Thank you so much for joining the blog party yesterday!
    xo

4. Dizzy Lizzie

August 12th, 2011 at 2:42 pm

What an awesomely adorable blog you've got here! It's so dainty! 🙂

5. Stephanie @ henry happened

August 12th, 2011 at 2:57 pm

I think you'll just need to move there for a while – doesn't that sound like a fun plan? I got my worst grade ever in Spanish class. I was terrible!!

August 12th, 2011 at 3:59 pm

cramming french must by giving you a quixotic fever for french style – i feel like these people are all wearing the wrong size! 😉

7. Blue

August 12th, 2011 at 4:00 pm

I love French, it is my favorite language ever. You should live in France, then you'll learn it in a flash. And beware of google translate, it is pretty horrible sometimes… They really need to work on their algorithms…

8. Alexa

August 12th, 2011 at 4:12 pm

God why do they always look so perfect?! Ha. Have a good one.
    xo
    Alexa

9. HazelandMare

August 12th, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Love these pretty photos! French fashion is chic and beautiful 🙂 I think learning languages is so awesome and important! I was a Spanish major, but I've been learning French via Rosetta Stone, which works like magic! If you decide to keep going with it, it really is totally awesome 🙂

10. Gloria

August 12th, 2011 at 4:19 pm

What an awesome goal to have! I have no doubt you'll be fluent in no time 🙂

11. Sandra

August 12th, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Good luck with studying French! 🙂

12. lori

August 12th, 2011 at 6:14 pm

I need the skirt. It is so BEAUTIFUL. Like you! I agree with you about the foreign language. I am a total moron at learning them. I am destined to remain in english speaking countries… Good luck with French!

13. lav

August 12th, 2011 at 7:13 pm

perhaps talking with your boyfriend's family in french would make your learning more effective! i'm sure you'll be good in speaking the language soon! bonne chance! 😀

14. Brynn {chartreuse and a twist}

August 12th, 2011 at 7:25 pm

mmm…i am falling, too 🙂 so simple and fresh! i took french eons ago and i hope to study it again soon! best of luck to you 🙂 xoxoxo brynn

15. Anna. Kathryn Vaughn

August 12th, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Good for you. I have been looking for an online class. Which one did you chose? Any suggestions? Those photos are beautiful.

16. Christianna

August 12th, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Is there a reason for your French classes? They sound like… fun? No, but I'm sure it'll be awesome when you can speak it!

17. Erika Lee Sears

August 14th, 2011 at 1:13 am

i just love France. the clothes.. the food.. the wine.. the champagne.. the art. so much magic.

18. The.Red.See

August 14th, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Good luck with cramming! Don't be so hard on yourself, I tried to learn some French before a vacay to Paris and I wasn't able to put together a complete sentence! It is a hard language to learn. Great photos, I love the first look.

19. danielle {breakfast at toast}

August 14th, 2011 at 9:54 pm

how amazing. heard a mom speaking french with her kids + it made me want to learn. such a beautiful language.

20. jillian m.

August 15th, 2011 at 2:36 am

Good luck with the French! I took it in college, but I've only managed to remember about 3 words of it. Haha.

To answer your question, I use a Nikon D3000. My pictures are usually taken with the 35mm lens, although sometimes I use the standard that it came with. I love the 35mm! The quality of the photos is amazing, although the downside is that there is no zoom function. Womp, womp!

21. Marissa Joy