August 23, 2011

in loving memory…

Dad, we miss you.

Three years ago today, my father passed away.  We miss him more than words can express, but are joyous, because we know we will see him again!

My dad loved truth and he was committed to living his life poured out for Jesus Christ alone.  He loved research, knowledge and making informed, healthy life-style choices.  He had a passion for running, raw food, and green smoothies.  At some points in his life, he was running 40+ miles per week.

In honor of my dad, my sister Christina began planning an annual Run for Life, which includes a 5k, 10k, and marathon relay.  The race is to commemorate his life and his passion for Truth in all areas of life.  The race is this Saturday, and we’ll be working hard this week to ready our yard and pool for the barbeque and fellowship after the race.  We expect nearly 150 people!!  We’re so looking forward to seeing friends and family and celebrating my dad’s life!

Dad, we miss you and love you so much.

P.S. This is one of my favorite photos of my dad.  He was 20 in this picture – 5 years younger than I am.  Woah!

1. Miss P

August 23rd, 2011 at 10:28 am

Love and blessings to you and your family. My Dad passed away 2 years ago next month.
    Your celebration will be a fabulous and by the sounds of it, a very fitting one. Have a wonderful day 🙂

2. adele

August 23rd, 2011 at 10:50 am

My heart goes out to you & your family xoxo

3. Chelsea

August 23rd, 2011 at 11:51 am

What a lovely tribute. My thoughts are with you- and that picture is the best. xoxo

4. Lindsay @ Delighted Momma

August 23rd, 2011 at 1:23 pm

What a wonderful man. I can only imagine how tough this must be to share but I really appreciate you opening up your heart and sharing.

5. rental mobil

August 23rd, 2011 at 2:07 pm

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

6. Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat.

August 23rd, 2011 at 3:31 pm

He sounds like a great dad Rebecca, it's great that you are doing such an amazing tribute to him. Thinking of you today…

XO
    Lenore

7. Andrea@Fancy That!

August 23rd, 2011 at 4:06 pm

It's fun to see how much you resemble both of them. Love your positive outlook. Enjoy celebrating your sweet father this week!

8. Christianna

August 23rd, 2011 at 6:38 pm

Awwwww, praying for you today! Your dad would be sooo proud!

P.S. I awarded you some awards over at my blog today!

9. Sam {fitnessfoodandfaith.blogspot.com}

August 23rd, 2011 at 8:54 pm

what a beautiful way to celebrate his life! he sounds like a wonderful person.

10. Stephanie @ henry happened

August 24th, 2011 at 12:12 am

What a great tribute – love this wonderful way to celebrate him 🙂

11. Becca {A Blonde's Logic}

August 24th, 2011 at 6:39 am

This is a great post!! Thank you for sharing this with us!

Becca

August 24th, 2011 at 1:44 pm

You parents look so happy and in love 🙂 Your family's idea to have a run is an awesome way to celebrate you dad. I will pray that you have a wonderful sunny day!

13. Brynn {chartreuse and a twist}

August 24th, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Wow! What an amazing way to commemorate and pay tribute to your dad and all that he stood for! That just got me all {happy} teary-eyed 🙂 So cool! xoxoxo brynn