August 11, 2011

a lovely gift.

All photos by Rebecca Beach for A Daily Something.
I am loving these antlers.
My friend Wendy surprised me with these as a little gift yesterday.  Gifts like this are the best.
What makes a great gift?  When it’s something that will be loved and enjoyed.  A treasure & when it’s a surprise.  Something that was carefully hand-selected.  Something that the giver would secretly like to keep for herself but willingly gives away.  And price is no measure of a gift’s true worth.
These antlers were a wonderful gift.
Mucho love // till tomorrow,
P.S. Hope you’ve enjoyed all these photos this week.  I’ve been experimenting more with my little point+shoot and with photoshop (my 30-day trial ends today, I think)!  To buy or not to buy.  That is the question.
Also, this week has been an incredible week for planning the future of my blog.  Look for changes and some awesome additions in the next few weeks.

1. Blue

August 11th, 2011 at 12:56 pm

I love your definition of a good gift, mostly because it is very true. I hate it when people give useless things and did not even put thought into it…
    And I really like your photos, and recommend buying photoshop!

2. HazelandMare

August 11th, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Those are so cute! They will give your room a cool, rustic feel! What a thoughtful friend 🙂

3. Hannah {Culture Connoisseur}

August 11th, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Hey, that ribbon looks familiar! I got your gift in the mail yesterday. The paintings are beautiful and I loved the way you packaged them. You are so thoughtful!

Can't wait to see the changes on your blog. That's always so exciting to see how people change over time and the blogs they write show that too. 🙂

4. {The Perfect Palette}

August 11th, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Such a unique gift!!

The Perfect Palette

5. Drew {Coral Cafe}

August 11th, 2011 at 2:34 pm

LOVE this!! What an amazing gift!!

6. Sam {fitnessfoodandfaith.blogspot.com}

August 11th, 2011 at 2:56 pm

so fun!! what a great present 🙂

Sam @ fitness food & faith

7. Christina

August 11th, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Love them! Can't wait to see them in person. What an amazing gift!!

8. Page Gerrick

August 11th, 2011 at 3:56 pm

You should come to Arizona, we can go shed hunting and enjoy the outdoors :)I have some prime spots for gathering antlers! Love this installment.

9. Becca {A Blonde's Logic}

August 11th, 2011 at 4:35 pm

I agree with you on what a good gift is. I like finding gifts that I'd like to keep as well. Also if the gift makes me a little excited to give it to a friend, which is also a good teller that it's a good gift.

Becca

10. Erika Lee Sears

August 11th, 2011 at 7:49 pm

such a great gift- I really want a set but not sure where or how to find them. happy thursday.

11. Tara

August 11th, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Wow those are so awesome! They would go great with the name of my blog (deer in a bottle).

You have a great friend!

12. Sage Crown Parker

August 11th, 2011 at 9:37 pm

i vote to get photoshop if you're having fun with it, life is all about having FUN!!!!

13. Satrupa

August 11th, 2011 at 10:24 pm

Thank you so much for dropping by by blog and being the 200th follower 🙂 It feels so great to connect with creative people like U …… there is so much to learn and appreciate from people around us 🙂

14. SuchSmallSteps

August 11th, 2011 at 10:28 pm

thanks for stopping by earlier- your photos are stunning!! And you're doing them with a point and shoot? Amazing 🙂

15. Allison {Live Love Small}

August 11th, 2011 at 11:42 pm

Great gift! Thanks f

16. Allison {Live Love Small}

August 11th, 2011 at 11:44 pm

Sorry my computer went crazy on me and I didn't get to finish typing..thanks for visiting my blog! Your blog is gorgeous and your photos are really great!

17. Emma and Sarah

August 12th, 2011 at 2:45 am

Great pics ! Follow each other ? 🙂

XOXO

18. Andrea@Fancy That!

August 12th, 2011 at 3:49 am

Love your last gift-giving tip. I know I have a great gift for someone when I reaaally want one myself!

19. CAMILLE STYLES

August 12th, 2011 at 4:06 am

Love this post – so simple but something so festive about that pink ribbon!

20. rebecca

August 13th, 2011 at 11:16 pm

Having grown-up in a town full of hunters and a house full of antlers, I only ever thought to decorate them for Christmas. Next time I visit my parents, I am totally decorating them all with ribbon.

I found your blog via the Live and Enliven Connect post and I am so happy I did! Your pictures are amazing!

21. jen @ design blossom

August 24th, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Oh my! I am swooning over those antlers. And you are so right about what makes a great gift 🙂