September 23, 2011

inspiration | from Pride & Prejudice

I’ve been watching Pride and Prejudice the past few nights before drifting off to sleep (the BBC version).  With each new scene, my eyes open wider and I am increasingly overwhelmed with the beauty and attention to detail.  I’m smitten by the fashion, fabric, furniture, wallpaper, accents, etc.  (Confession: yesterday, I even made myself a cup of tea while pretending to be Elizabeth for a few minutes).

Since I can’t take screenshots of the movie (boo), I decided to take some detailed pictures of textures from around my house that reminded me of the movie.

I think this is why antiques are so precious. Not just because they’re “old,” “good quality,” or will “last forever.” They allow us to apply details from the past worlds we love to our everyday lives.

Have a blessed weekend, friends!  I’m off to VA [again] to work with Janice and pick up my new used car!
till Monday,

1. Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket

September 23rd, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Oh Mr Darcy! I just love that movie but it's sooo long. I always wanted one of those Elizabeth dresses- the simple ones. they just look so comfortable.

2. Chelsea

September 23rd, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Oh, I love that movie. I would say that years ago it got me through high school, the perfect distraction. Love the snapshots. xo

3. Jenny

September 23rd, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Yes, that movie is awesome. Definitely the BBC version. I like to keep it on in the background from time to time; I feel like I can just pick up anywhere and continue watching.

4. Sarah

September 23rd, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Love the BBC one! My fav outfit is her burgundy coat with her bonnet. Lovely. she wore it a lot while traveling.

– Sarah

5. Victoria

September 23rd, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Love that movie, and your wallpaper! Have a lovely weekend!

6. Christianna

September 23rd, 2011 at 9:12 pm

I try to like the BBC version, I really do, but I just can't get into it. I even love Collin Firth! I don't know what's wrong with me…

Those pictures are awesome though!

7. Jip

September 24th, 2011 at 8:22 am

I love pride and prejudice and other BBC movies :). There is this DVD Box called 'Lost in Austen' about a girl who suddenly 'swaps' with Elizabeth Bennet. It's so funny,I already watched it like 3 times or something.

-Jip-

8. KYBOE USA

September 24th, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Great idea showing the different textures. Your circles look great too 😉

9. Stephanie @ henry happened

September 25th, 2011 at 1:17 am

I've gotta check out that series! We enjoyed the mansfied park movie! Love how you find beauty in the details!

September 27th, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Watching Craford and I couldn't agree more. How do they come up with so many beautiful bonnets, dresses, frills, and posies (of course picking the ones to write in the Language of Love)?