October 12, 2011

celebrate | with an elegant photo shoot

Finally!  The party pictures are here (with details below)!

My friend Wendy and I planned this pretty celebration for her daughter’s 15th birthday.  After an evening of brainstorming, we settled on a subtle color scheme of grays and pinks.  And we decided to make the entire party one big photo shoot.  What 15 year-old doesn’t want her picture taken?  Did somebody say “F-A-C-E-B-O-O-K photo-op”?  Ha!

Wendy made elegant party hats.

Parisian macarons made by me; scrumptious cupcakes made by Wendy.
Glamorous!
The birthday girl.
Gorgeous!
My favorite photo progression!
Peekaboo!
They decorated the birthday girl.
Lexington – the dog – had to be a part of this one.
Glittery numbers and all dressed up.
Lexington with antlers.
The party’s over!

Here are details:

Food
– for dinner, we served plain cheese pizza, BUT to make it special, served a variety of toppings in silver  and glass dishes
– for dessert, we served homemade cupcakes and Parisian macarons, which was on display throughout the day
– pink lemonade in glass bottles
– pink and red candy in pretty bowls

Decorations
– homemade happy birthday banner (like my glittery birthday numbers)
– homemade party hats
– lots of light pink, magenta, silver and white balloons
– tons of confetti
– pink, white and gray fabric hanging as backdrop
– homemade paper flower garland
– ribbon from Hagerstown, MD ribbon factory

Activities
– all we had planned was dinner and the photo shoot (we asked the girls to bring an assortment of outfits, all in the gray//pink family)!

Props
– party hats
– antlers
– homemade canvas flags
– scarves
– rain boots
– hair accessories
– fabric balls
– large cardboard swizzle stick decorated with ribbon

Enjoy!!

All photos by Rebecca Beach for A Daily Something, except above photo by Robert Thomas.

1. adele

October 12th, 2011 at 9:44 am

Hi Rebecca! I'm back from my hols 🙂 This looks such a great party & I'm so impressed by the homemade macarons xoxo

2. Jennifer

October 12th, 2011 at 10:38 am

I LOVE!

3. Laura

October 12th, 2011 at 11:08 am

Brilliant!

4. It seems pretty obvious.

October 12th, 2011 at 12:52 pm

These pictures are all wonderful! What a great theme! And the macarons and cupcakes look really delicious!

I really enjoyed you blog! It's adorable 🙂

5. Nikki Sue

October 12th, 2011 at 1:13 pm

LOVE the dogs collar! You look beautiful Rebecca.. as always 🙂

6. Mariah

October 12th, 2011 at 1:27 pm

i LOVE this!!!! :))

7. Lisa (hello, suburbia)

October 12th, 2011 at 2:20 pm

oooh! the party looked like so much fun! you and wendy did a great job planning and decorating!

8. Victoria

October 12th, 2011 at 2:44 pm

What a gorgeous party! Love it and the antler photo booth, you are brilliant.

9. Sarah

October 12th, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Wow, you did SUCH and amazing job! I love the color scheme. So you ACTUALLY made the macaroons? I've heard they are super time consuming to make. Good for you!

– Sarah

10. Stephanie @ henry happened

October 12th, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Beautiful! I think I'm going to have a dress code for my next party, everyone looks so pretty!

11. Christianna

October 12th, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Such an awesome birthday party! You guys did a wonderful job!

12. Lauren Margaret

October 12th, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

13. Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket

October 12th, 2011 at 5:12 pm

it so turned out perfect 🙂 love the party hats.

14. Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat.

October 12th, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Amazing job Rebecca! Love the pictures! And I'm going to try to do the dancing GIF!

XO
    Lenore

15. HazelandMare

October 12th, 2011 at 7:12 pm

That looks like a blast! What a gorgeous, sweet party! You are so creative in your planning, and everything turned out just perfect!

16. Colleen / Inspired to Share

October 13th, 2011 at 1:45 am

Oh Rebecca, this is amazing! Great photos and looks so fun! You are definitely headed in the right direction : ) Love this!

October 13th, 2011 at 3:03 pm

the one of the dog with antlers is worthy of a frame on the wall! and the one of you should be in a magazine – you're beautiful! i bet every one of those 15 year olds had a dream come true to model for the day. thank you for mentioning the cheese pizza – a good reminder that you can do simple along with fancy!

18. Be Inspired

October 13th, 2011 at 8:40 pm

VERY CUTE PARTY!! I love the HATS!! Would love for you to share the DIY tutorial on my blog for the HATS! Thanks for stopping by "Be Inspired"! Your blog is lovely!