My friend Wendy and I planned this pretty celebration for her daughter's 15th birthday. After an evening of brainstorming, we settled on a subtle color scheme of grays and pinks. And we decided to make the entire party one big photo shoot. What 15 year-old doesn't want her picture taken? Did somebody say "F-A-C-E-B-O-O-K photo-op"? Ha!
Wendy made elegant party hats.
Parisian macarons made by me; scrumptious cupcakes made by Wendy.
The birthday girl.
My favorite photo progression!
They decorated the birthday girl.
Lexington - the dog - had to be a part of this one.
Glittery numbers and all dressed up.
Lexington with antlers.
The party's over!
- for dinner, we served plain cheese pizza, BUT to make it special, served a variety of toppings in silver and glass dishes
- for dessert, we served homemade cupcakes and Parisian macarons, which was on display throughout the day
- pink lemonade in glass bottles
- pink and red candy in pretty bowls
- homemade happy birthday banner (like my glittery birthday numbers)
- homemade party hats
- lots of light pink, magenta, silver and white balloons
- tons of confetti
- pink, white and gray fabric hanging as backdrop
- homemade paper flower garland
- ribbon from Hagerstown, MD ribbon factory
- all we had planned was dinner and the photo shoot (we asked the girls to bring an assortment of outfits, all in the gray//pink family)!
- party hats
- homemade canvas flags
- rain boots
- hair accessories
- fabric balls
- large cardboard swizzle stick decorated with ribbon
All photos by Rebecca Beach for A Daily Something, except above photo by Robert Thomas.