October 25, 2011

DIY | wrapping with glittery ribbon

So I may or may not really like glitter (bowls of glitter are oh so fun).  It’s so glamorous, easy to work with, and is a simple (and cost-effective) way to spruce up almost anything.

Today’s DIY is for making sparkly ribbon to use when gift wrapping.  Perfect for a birthday, bridal shower, or Christmas present!   It’s super easy, and the result is surprisingly gorgeous.

Supplies
– Scissors
– Tape
– Glitter
– Ribbon
– Paint Brush
– Glue
– Hairspray (not pictured)
Directions
1. Paint ribbon with glue.
2. Dip painted ribbon in bowl of glitter.
3. Repeat steps 1&2 until you have the length needed.  Allow glitter to dry, and then spray with hairspray, and allow to thoroughly dry.
4. Wrap gift and ENJOY your prettily wrapped package!

And when you’re done, you can just admire your sparkly piles of glitter.  Mmmm.

P.S. The ribbon is from Hagerstown Ribbon Factory.  I still have hundreds of yards of ribbon from my first trip to the factory (back in May).  And I will be making a second trip next month!  So excited.  HUGE rolls of ribbon are between $2 and $10 (most only $2).

1. Adele

October 25th, 2011 at 9:47 am

Glitter-tastic!!

2. Nikki Sue

October 25th, 2011 at 11:19 am

Simple + Elegant = Awesome!

3. Victoria

October 25th, 2011 at 12:52 pm

Beautiful. I recently DIY's my own ribbon for a party decoration, it is so simple and pretty once done:)

4. Danielle

October 25th, 2011 at 1:22 pm

I wouldn't mind working with glitter, but I don't know how much my friends would admire that!

5. Sarah

October 25th, 2011 at 3:00 pm

This is so much better than spending a fortune or pre-glittered ribbon. Your pics look amazing too!

– Sarah

6. It seems pretty obvious.

October 25th, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Looks great! I might try this for my Christmas wrapping (the joy of your blog – so much inspiration!)

Oh! You found a vintage globe! Congrats! That's so exciting! Can't wait to see your post about it 🙂

//Niina

7. sherri lynn

October 25th, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Thank you so much for posting this! I have seen glitter ribbon but didn't know how to make it.

P.S. Your blog is amazing! I've been following for a while, but your posts just keep getting better and better! I love how you style things 🙂

8. la petite coquine

October 25th, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Really, how can you resist glitter? I know I can't!

9. Mo Pie, Please

October 26th, 2011 at 8:21 pm

This is so awesome! I really want to take the idea!

10. ashley // chasing heartbeats

October 27th, 2011 at 6:06 am

considering that glitter is my newest obsession, i think i MUST make this!! and so easy too!