October 17, 2011

doing it myself | product tags

I have a very exciting project I’m working on during the next few weeks (to be revealed sometime in December).  Since I was just recently presented with this opportunity and my project needs to be completed in a short amount of time, I needed to work on designing product tags.  So I sat down with my friend Wendy this weekend and we tried about 15 different ideas until we found one we loved.

Designing with bowls of glitter.  Yum.
Measuring out the tags.

Using my new scissors from Fifteen / Eleven.

Some of the supplies.
The semi-final product.  You’ll have to wait until December to see the real thing.

To make the tags, I used crisp, white paper, cut into squares (2.5 x 2.5 inches).  Then, I worked through the wording, text, and layout until I was satisfied.  I had originally planned on brown paper, red glitter, and using stamps for the text…and you can see how the tags morphed into something quite different (and much more elegant, if you ask me).

I absolutely love the way the bowls of glitter look against the gray backdrop.  I may have to decorate for the holidays with bowls of glitter (although it’d get dusty!)…

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

If you didn’t see it yet, check out Victoria’s inspiring party blog, where she featured my antler photo booth!

All photography by Wendy Thomas for A Daily Something.

1. adele

October 17th, 2011 at 9:33 am

Wish I was a creative as you hun xoxo

2. Chelsea

October 17th, 2011 at 11:00 am

Oh, it's hard to go wrong with glitter. I love the card…can't wait to see the final product! xo

October 17th, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Exciting! I love how you styled this – the hues in all the photos matching what you're wearing. I don't know how you figure that stuff out! Very cool1

4. Sarah

October 17th, 2011 at 5:12 pm

Ohhhh I cannot wait to see what you have in store!!! I love the simple line of glitter.

– Sarah

5. Mary Jo at TrustYourStyle

October 17th, 2011 at 5:19 pm

I love your sweet little card–so original! And you must use that gorgeous bowl of glitter at least for one special evening this holiday time! So pretty!

xo Mary Jo

6. Sam {fitnessfoodandfaith.blogspot.com}

October 17th, 2011 at 6:24 pm

super cute!! love the glitter so much.

7. It seems pretty obvious.

October 17th, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Looks great! I love the silver and white togheter more than red and brown, good choice! Now I'm curious about the project!

Have a great week,
    Niina

8. rebecca

October 17th, 2011 at 8:55 pm

simple and beautiful. high five via the internet!

9. Victoria

October 18th, 2011 at 12:49 pm

What a perfect card! I love the glitter line, super pretty:)

10. {The Perfect Palette}

October 18th, 2011 at 7:47 pm

how creative 🙂

11. morgan.

October 19th, 2011 at 4:27 am

Rebecca, thank you for the comment on my blog! You were my very first comment! I am loving your blog just as much as Lisa's. I've been clicking through old posts and bookmarked SO many things I need to diy. That tree stump table is just GORG. I am happy to have found your blog and glad you've stopped by mine. Come back to NOVA! It is also nice to have read on your blog that you are a Christian as well. I'm just finishing up my last semester at Christian University! Weird how you meet people in this little world of bloggers.

12. Colleen / Inspired to Share

October 20th, 2011 at 1:31 am

Whaaaaat do we really have to wait that long?!? Excited for you!!

13. Melanie

October 24th, 2011 at 1:16 am

A bit of glitter goes a long way.