October 27, 2011

thrifting for handbags

If you know anything about me, you know I love a good thrift store find.  Some of the items I gravitate towards: vintage scarves, candlesticks, and gorgeous books.  I have bins of scarves, shelves of books (overflow books get shoved into the attic until I move out), and a cabinet of brass/silver/etc. candlesticks.

Apparently I also collect leather bags.  Here are four of my most treasured thrifted handbags.  All leather.  All, if purchased new, well beyond my means.  But all purchased for less than $5 (each).

I use the Etienne Aigner bag and computer bag almost every single day.  For the past year or so, I’ve preferred a smaller purse (I used to carry around Mary Poppins bag, and it’d take me hours to find my keys//chapstick//change//etc.) and a separate laptop bag.

Do you have certain items you consistently purchase at the thrift store?  I’d love to hear about your obsessions.  🙂

P.S. It’s THURSDAY!  Which means tomorrow’s FRIDAY!  Can you tell I’m a working girl and basically live for my weekends?!

1. Adele

October 27th, 2011 at 10:39 am

Totally adore the Coach bag xoxo

2. Danielle

October 27th, 2011 at 1:13 pm

LATELY, I'VE BEEN OBSESSED WITH MASON JARS! IF I SEE ONE AT A THRIFT STORE/GARAGE SALE, I'M SNAGGING IT!

3. Victoria

October 27th, 2011 at 1:19 pm

These are so cute!!! Purses might be the one thing I have yet to thrift for, great inspiration. Thanks!

October 27th, 2011 at 2:41 pm

It's hard for me to sort through the junk and find the jewels. You have a gift to discover something fantastic in those thrift stores and sales!

5. Sometimes Life is Bliss And Sometimes Not !

October 27th, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Louis gets mistaken for fakes quite often in fact I have found two vintage in the last six months and they were mistaken because of the date code issue! I sold them for over a $100 each! I love thirfting handbags !

6. Kristin

October 27th, 2011 at 3:36 pm

I love that coach bag! I can't believe all of those bags were less than $5 each!!

7. Sam {fitnessfoodandfaith.blogspot.com}

October 27th, 2011 at 4:26 pm

i can't believe you found all these for so cheap!! they are beautiful.

8. sherri lynn

October 27th, 2011 at 4:51 pm

How do you find such amazing bags at thrift stores?!? I seriously need to get some new thrift stores, I hardly ever find anything good!

9. Sarah

October 27th, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Wow, those are some definite thrifted gems!

-Sarah

10. Brynn {chartreuse and a twist}

October 27th, 2011 at 6:30 pm

Fabulous finds, lady 😉 xoxoxo brynn

11. Niina - It seems pretty obvious.

October 27th, 2011 at 7:21 pm

These are all gorgeous! But I especially like the etienne aigner one! Great finds! 🙂

//Niina

12. la petite coquine

October 27th, 2011 at 11:04 pm

What divine finds-and such steals! I'm a sucker for vintage glassware!

13. Colleen / Inspired to Share

November 1st, 2011 at 3:39 am

Love these!! I have a vintage Coach too and I love it!! They are so classic.

14. mandyface

November 1st, 2011 at 10:57 pm

I bow to your thrifting skills! Ninja!

15. William

November 28th, 2011 at 9:17 am

I have my own Coach bag and it's very durable. The design is nice as well. That is where I keep my laptop and I think you can definitely rely on it.

wholesale designer handbags

16. converse shoes

April 12th, 2012 at 6:46 am

The last one is super cute and elegant. Would love to get it some day.

17. suan zhang

February 26th, 2013 at 9:58 am

Whilst the average fashionista may not be able to part with the cash needed to buy one of these fantastic Celine bags online, it is surely a sign of things to come with other quirky and practical clutches set to become popular throughout 2013.

18. Wholesale Clutches

February 28th, 2013 at 7:37 am

nice collection. i love black vintage bags own my own collection.

19. sanam arzoo

April 2nd, 2014 at 11:18 am

Coach bags can be pretty beautiful and functional. I have one and use it a lot and it holds up well.I love the colors and neutrals go with everything. It was given to me as a gift cuss I could never afford to get one ! Coach Handbags Collection