December 16, 2011

DIY | paper Christmas tree

Earlier this week I shared this fun paper Christmas tree DIY as a guest post.  I decided to share it here in detail, in case any of you missed it!
I was so inspired by Anthropologie’s wonderful in-store Christmas decorations that I decided to make my own version of their paper trees, using supplies I already had on hand.
To make your own paper trees, you’ll need the following supplies:
*old book
*pinking shears (zig zag scissors)
*floral oasis
*something to act as the tree branch (I used two different sized knitting needles and wooden skewers)
*gorilla glue
And just follow these three easy steps:

I have a small version of these trees to be revealed on Monday!!!  Stay tuned 😉

These are so much fun to make…  Let me know if you try them (or if you have any questions about the process)!!

Have a blessed weekend!

till Monday,

1. Kyla

December 16th, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Oh, I saw this tutorial! I think it's amazing…the result is so fun!

2. Tori

December 16th, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Ah yes! I saw this earlier this week! You did such a wonderful job! and it definitely looks so Anthro : ) can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve!

3. Michelle * Viva Revival

December 16th, 2011 at 6:56 pm

That's really cute! I just bought me some zig zaggy scissors too! I not sure why I did exactly…

4. Megan

December 17th, 2011 at 2:10 pm

super cute; i love how you could take this many directions!

5. Lisa {A Piece of Lisa}

December 18th, 2011 at 1:50 pm

That's super sweet! What a great idea!

6. Andrea

December 18th, 2011 at 11:08 pm

I absolutely adore your use of mini pom-poms in these pics! So cute!

7. Victoria

December 19th, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Love these little trees! I did some with tissur epaper last year, they are easy and super fun:)

8. FJPerez505

November 26th, 2012 at 6:09 am

Great idea would be to use the collection of Christmas Cards received every year