March 23, 2012

my work | nyc blogshop

I just updated my portfolio – check it out!  Earlier this month, I had the delightful opportunity to decorate and style Bri and Angela’s NYC blogshop.  It was such a blast to finally meet Bri and Angela, help make this stunning studio just a little bit prettier, and then see my work in Angela’s photos.  (All these photos are by Angela Kohler.)

Many, many thanks to my wonderful “assistants” (Susanna, Wendy, and my boyfriend Joe) who stayed up with me late the night before to finalize some of the handmade decorations – 12 giant paper flowers (each made from 25 pages of a vintage dictionary), 30 smaller paper flowers (paper flower DIY here) and 40 feet of string garland (DIY coming soon!) – and then trekked into the city with me early Saturday morning to make everything look good.  In addition to the handmade decorations, I brought lots of props…vintage books, suitcases and boxes, antlers, and lots of glass bottles and vases to hold fresh flowers.  Everything came together perfectly.  Visit my portfolio for more images (and to see some of my other projects).

EDIT: Thanks to Lisa at A Whisk and a Mile, here’s an awesome video of the NYC Blogshop with some cool shots of the decor and props we brought along.

THANKS Bri and Angela, for this wonderful opportunity.
I cannot wait to share upcoming projects with you all!  Oh, and if you are in need of vintage props or original, handmade decorations, shoot me an email – I’d love to chat!
Have a blessed weekend, friends!
P.S. Don’t forget to enter my Styled by Kristen custom invitation giveaway.

1. Danie at Pasadya

March 23rd, 2012 at 11:25 am

Oh wow, so awesome that you were chosen to be a part of Blogshop!! Congratulations! Super creative–love your paper banner and the big newspaper flowers! It turned out looking beautiful.

2. inredningsvis.se

March 23rd, 2012 at 11:40 am

GREAT PICS:) I really love your blog and will happily follow….so much nice inspiration.
    I wish you a lovely weekend:)

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (Sweden)

3. Pink Ronnie

March 23rd, 2012 at 11:52 am

Looks amazing Rebecca! What an awesome opportunity to style an NYC Blogshop! Yes, please keep these projects coming. 🙂
    Ronnie xo

4. Pink Ronnie

March 23rd, 2012 at 11:54 am

p.s. Just checked out your portfolio – love your work for Styled magazine.
    Ronnie xo

5. Anna @ IHOD

March 23rd, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Rebecca, you did an amazing job and they picked the right person for the job!
    Love the streamers and details.
    Beautifully done!

6. jen

March 23rd, 2012 at 2:07 pm

love those newspaper flowers!!

7. Lisa

March 23rd, 2012 at 3:27 pm

I attended this Blogshop and your amazing decor was the first thing I noticed. I took a ton of photos of everything bc I was so impressed and inspired. I took one of your business cards as well, if I am ever in need of prop styling I know who to call!

March 23rd, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Thanks for the sweet comments, everyone! I was so so honored to work with Bri & Angela – they are two super fun & inspiring girls 🙂

9. Sarah

March 23rd, 2012 at 5:25 pm

That is so so awesome!!! What a great opportunity. Very exciting =) You works is amazing too!

– Sarah

10. Svenja

March 23rd, 2012 at 8:04 pm

blogshop? wow 🙂 congrats !!
    i love your photos, they are just perfect!
    enjoy your weekend, svenja

11. patience

March 23rd, 2012 at 11:17 pm

very whimsical, well done. i love the giant newspaper/book pages flowers 🙂

12. Lorena

April 6th, 2012 at 8:24 am

Love all your work! You 're so talented!