April 30, 2012

what’s your beauty routine?

When it comes to my beauty routine, I’m pretty low maintenance (I get my eyebrows waxed every 6 months or so, haha!). I wash using organic bar soap (which usually leaves me dry), shampoo and conditioner, and have only a few makeup must-haves: mascara, and a lip/cheek tint.

I’m definitely a shower person…I never take baths…. So, soaking in a luxurious bath is not generally an option. But I’ve recently tried out a product I’d love to add to my simple routine: Oat Kiss bath + shower pads. I seriously love using these soft, organic-ingredient-filled fabric pouches. They left my skin feeling fresh and incredibly silky (I even used it on my face – it’s so soft and mild)! And my skin was really moisturized after my shower! I also love the fact that Oat Kiss has no chemicals, dyes, preservatives, perfumes, etc. They are completely natural! What a great gift idea for Mother’s Day!

What’s your beauty routine? I’d love to hear all your secrets and suggestions. 🙂

Have a lovely Monday, friends!

*post sponsored by Oat Kiss, opinions are mine!

1. Migdalia Gonzalez

April 30th, 2012 at 12:55 pm

It changes all the time. In the winter no matter what I do my skin is dry, so I tend to use oil based lotions and soaps to help. But in the warmer months I like to use oil of olay bars of soap and light body moisturizers. Face-wise I like to go with SPF-30 moisturizers that has a little tint to add some glow. (Loving Jouer Moisturizing Tint). I do eyeshadows (Urban Decay has great summer golds and naturals), liners and mascara, sometimes a little bronzer or soft pinks on the cheeks. (Benefits cheek products are lovely) and I like Tarte's matte lip line along with their SPF-15 lip shimmers (They look like chapsticks:

It's so fun to walk into a store like Sephora and just have a field day with products 🙂 I tend to lean more towards natural and organic for face and cheek things than anything else…

xo,
    Dalia

April 30th, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Oh yes, you reminded me…I also use a Trader Joe's moisturizer with SPF-30! 🙂 Since turning 25 I've felt that I need to take better care of my skin and not ever, ever get sun burned again. 😉 I LOVE lip shimmers/stains that look like chapsticks….those are seriously the best.

3. Megan Gilger

April 30th, 2012 at 2:06 pm

I shower everyday, but only wash my hair once every 4-5 days. I love how it is when it is dirty. It gets big crazy and can do whatever I want.

I keep things simple with washing my face with St. Ives and moisturizing with face lotion that has collagen in it to look fresh. Also my makeup is always simple. I have concealer for my black circles from late nights of work, mineral powder to even my skin tone but not fake anything, massacre, eye liner, and a soft blushy pink for eye shadow.

Other than that I roll with a lot of bed head and treat myself to the salon once every three months if the wallet allows. Nothing complicated.

Never done the bath thing much I get bored if I sit too long, which may be why I never watch movies as well haha.

April 30th, 2012 at 2:08 pm

I wish I could go 4-5 days between hair washing…how do you DO it? And clearly I need to hit up the salon more than once every year. 😉

5. Naomi

April 30th, 2012 at 2:22 pm

I'm not much of a bath person either – but mostly just because I don't usually have free time for one (baths take a long time!). For my hair, I wash a couple times a week using either John Frieda or Redken products (Redken All Soft is my favorite, but it's pricey so sometimes I just take a break from it and buy John Frieda). And I use a Redken All-Soft heavy cream a couple times a month.

For my face, my routine changes all the time because my skin care needs change with each pregnancy. Right now, my face can't take any soap. Instead I use makeup remover, a light Aveeno brightening exfoliant, and a Neutrogena cream cleanser for sensitive skin. Then I use an Olay anti-aging night cream with two or three drops of Trader Joe's Tea Tree oil in it (which helps keep my skin clear).

6. Olivilla

April 30th, 2012 at 2:32 pm

shower/ cleanning make up/ dayly… hidratation dayly….washinh hair everyday!!!….

7. Page Gerrick

April 30th, 2012 at 3:25 pm

I remember how simple your routine was in college, and how I always admired your glow and beauty without much fuss – you're beautiful!

As I've gotten into my mid-20's (27 isn't late 20's okay!?), I've made the same pledge you have. My routine consists of washing with Philosophy's Purity Made Simple, a moisturizer made for aging skin (apparently I smile too much because I'm getting crow's feet and laugh lines), and a special eye cream put together for me by my beautician. And YES! I get monthly (or bi-monthly when money is tight) facials that keep my skin blemish free and perfect – totally worth the money. Oh, and I drink a TON of water which I think is the most important part. For body moisturizer I use an amazing lotion by Lush – Ro's Argan Body Conditioner – it's my desert island challenge must-have. For my daily makeup routine, I've become addicted to the super simple and glamorous makeup line by Philosophy – it's perfection in makeup.

April 30th, 2012 at 3:31 pm

PAGE, you are so right about the water. I'm such a failure w/drinking the proper amount of water every day, and drink WAY too much coffee, which I am convinced gives me dark circles. I need to change this. And I need to check out Philosophy…where do you buy it?

9. Page Gerrick

April 30th, 2012 at 11:12 pm

I hear ya about the coffee thing….I struggle with balancing my addiction to the delicious substance with drinking enough icky filtered city water. I get the Philosophy products at Sephora, Ulta or J.C. Penny's. I think Nordstrom and Macy's also carry their products.

10. CB

April 30th, 2012 at 8:54 pm

I'm not a huge beauty routine person either, but I do have one new thing that I'm totally obsessed with right now – the oil cleansing method. It's where you wash your face using oil instead of soap. I swear that my skin has never looked or felt better. Crunchy Betty has a great article if you are interested – http://www.crunchybetty.com/nitty-gritty-on-the-oil-cleansing-method

11. Clara B

April 30th, 2012 at 9:37 pm

I'm a low matinence girl. Wash every day, don't wear make-up except for moments when I wish to hopefully gain the attention of the person I happen to fancy (irrelevant now, boyfriend and all that)
    My secret? Tanktops. Trust me if any of your readers have my *ahem* gifts Tank tops will work wonders

12. sarah

May 1st, 2012 at 1:25 am

burts bees!
    makeup item i cant live without: mascara + eyelash curler

May 1st, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I've only used a eyelash curler once…and I pinched my eyelid. Bad memory.

14. Stephanie Hillberry

May 1st, 2012 at 1:55 am

I'm a Colorado native, so our beauty routine is pretty laid back around here. We mountain girls are low maintenance. That said, my mother is a Texan so I know my way around make-up and hairspray. Put together, my routine involves mineral make-up, lip stain, and mascara. I only get my hair cut about once every six months, and I'm trying not get too obsessed about anti-aging stuff now that I'm in my thirties.

Oh, and I painted my nails a neon coral color. I reckon that's the Texan blood in me.

May 1st, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Yeah girl, rock those Texan neon coral nails 😉

16. Lena at A Crimson Kiss

May 1st, 2012 at 3:53 am

I'm so lazy when it comes to beauty regimes–most nights I forget to wash my face! But I do love Decleor Ylang Ylang oil, and I've been using it since high school!

May 1st, 2012 at 2:17 pm

haha yeah, I said I was low maintenance, but I think that could also read lazy. Washing my face is something that usually only happens in the shower.

18. Kelli Anderson

May 1st, 2012 at 6:15 am

oh i would loooove to try these!

May 1st, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Aw, Kelli, we had a giveaway earlier this month…you should just go order a sample pack of Oat Kiss pads to try them out 🙂

20. Unpublished Life

May 1st, 2012 at 12:40 pm

I'm really low maintenance when it comes to my beauty routine … I'm a less is more kinda gal, basically because I am lazy.

I have recently started body brushing … I don't do it for very long, but have really noticed a difference in my skin. It is so much softer and even toned. I am also trying to make the shift to organic products – my body wash, exfoliator etc. are now all organic.

Face-wise, I'm a bit of a nazi (I'm a wee bit vain) so I se Clarins. I am also anal about taking off what little make-up I do wear … the idea of wrinkles and zits really upsets me.

But hey ho … organic is definitely the way forward!

May 1st, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Woah, what's body brushing?! Sounds so awesome…I think I want to try it 😉

22. la la Lovely

May 3rd, 2012 at 3:10 am

I've never heard of these but they sound really interesting. I kind of love products. Just don't take as much time as I should to wash my face every night! My newest favorite product is Dr. Henriksen Truth Serum.

23. Anonymous

June 7th, 2012 at 1:10 pm

I am quite annoyed that these are single use. Seems like poor marketing more than anything else – surely the same people attracted to organic ingredients would appreciate products being waste-minimal? I think I may make myself a refillable oat spongey thing similar however as I do like the idea.