Thursday, May 10, 2012
My mom's been on this nutrient-dense diet the past few weeks, and she discovered this delicious new recipe for coleslaw. I'm usually not the biggest coleslaw fan, but this recipe is addicting. I had thirds last night at dinner!
- 2 cups shredded apples
- 1 cup shredded raw cabbage
- 1 cup shredded raw beets
- 1 cup shredded raw carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup tofu
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or soy or cow milk)
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 3 pitted dates (soaked in water)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, lightly toasted
Combine all slaw ingredients in a bowl. Mix dressing in high speed blender or food processor, then toss with salad. Top with toasted almonds.
The white balsamic vinegar and the apples add unexpected, sweet bursts. And the almonds. YUM!
Do you have a favorite coleslaw recipe? I'd love to hear :)
(recipe adapted from Dr. Furhman)