June 6, 2012

thrifty entertaining | early morning tea

Next time I have an overnight guest this summer, I’m setting up an early morning tea outside on the picnic table.  We’ll trek outside in our sweats and light jackets, watch nature wake up, and enjoy a cup of infused tea. The grass will be damp, bunnies will be hopping, our new cow will need to be fed, and the birds will be chirping, ever so loudly!

It brings me so much happiness to share with you my thrifted purchases that make such a tea time extra special.

Here are the items I thrifted from the above photos (with their prices):
– copper tea kettle ($2.50)
– tea cups (part of massive $5 bag sale)
– tea infusers (part of massive $5 bag sale)
– mini bottle (part of massive $5 bag sale)
– silver plated spoons (24 pieces for $2.00)
– Bodum creamer & sugar bowl (set of 4 cups and creamer and sugar bowl for $2.00)

Mixed with a few items from the house (tray, tea towel, and tea leaves) and a sprig of fresh flowers, these assorted thrifted finds make for a charming morning tea. I’d especially been looking for the copper tea kettle (ever since Kinfolk Volume 2 and the Downton Abbey kitchen) and tea infusers. Regular visits to my two favorite thrift shops paid off, and I found both items.

Don’t you love it when that happens?

till next time,

P.S. See the rest of my thrifty entertaining posts here!

1. Olivilla

June 6th, 2012 at 11:36 am

umm great!!!!

2. Kelley

June 6th, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Those infusers are in perfect shape! Great find!

3. Luisa Brimble

June 6th, 2012 at 3:31 pm

oooooohhhhhhh my! i love the first image and the perfect layout! so beautiful.

4. Ashley | Sugar and Cloth Blog

June 6th, 2012 at 3:38 pm

This is really great, such a good idea for a column 🙂

5. house of earnest

June 6th, 2012 at 3:50 pm

so pretty! I love that you have this talent! I certainly don't!

6. Shoko

June 6th, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Little bottle filled with flowers? You are the cutest!

7. Amy Turman

June 6th, 2012 at 4:52 pm

How adorable. I want to throw a grown-up tea party so badly! You've inspired me.

xoxo,
    mon amy

8. Sara

June 6th, 2012 at 7:45 pm

I love this!

9. Lena at A Crimson Kiss

June 6th, 2012 at 11:49 pm

This sounds just heavenly!

10. Alice

June 7th, 2012 at 1:59 am

what a sight for sore eyes! lovely!

11. Anna @ IHOD

June 7th, 2012 at 2:54 am

Oh this is delightful. Love the set up Rebecca! So many sweet details:)

12. Donna Huisinga

June 7th, 2012 at 2:18 pm

You scored big time! Don't you just love it? Such a rush!

13. simplemittens

June 8th, 2012 at 12:24 am

Holding out to find that 'one thing' is totally worth it and soo rewarding!

14. Steven Brown

June 8th, 2012 at 3:43 am

Hello!

LOVE THIS POST…great visuals :). I cannot stop looking through your blog. I am now following. I hope you can check out my site: http://theproverbs.net and FOLLOW. It is a pleasure to visit. Hope to hear from you soon.

Steven B. 🙂

15. Heart of Gold

June 8th, 2012 at 2:45 pm

This is just pretty…it makes me want to sip tea on a terrace on a dewy saturday morning.

xo
    Alison

heartofgoldandluxury.blogspot.com

16. 王红

August 17th, 2012 at 6:18 am

Thank you for sharing, so lucky to read your post, i will read your post time to time,thank you!If you like Tods Women Shoes you can come here have a look.include Tods Shoes,Tods Shoes Sale,Tods Shoes Store,Tods Shoes Outlet,Cheap Tods Shoes.