January 23, 2013

life and granola

Hello dear friends! It’s been awhile. Life’s brought about so many lovely changes for me in the past three months; it’s a challenge to put it all in writing. I’ll try to slowly catch you up. In December, I married Joseph (my new last name is Gallop!!), the love of my life, packed all my earthly treasures into cardboard boxes, placed them in storage at my mom’s house, and moved from New Jersey to northern Virginia. We are currently living in the tiniest of studio apartments, and loving every minute of it. The apartment is located on a sheep farm and we’re given fresh chicken eggs from our landlord. It’s simply charming. My favorite part of this temporary home is the kitchen. Everyone morning, the sun beams through the large windows that overlook the pasture. It’s tiny and there is no oven, but I am thankful for this little space that I share with Joe. It’s being filled with some of our favorite treasures and precious memories.

For all you who somehow managed to blog while planning your wedding, packing, and moving to a new state, I cannot fathom it! I’m sorry for being away for so long, but I am just thrilled to begin blogging again.

For our wedding, my mother in law gave me a wonderful collection of their family recipes. Today, I’m sharing a simple (but now favorite) granola recipe from that collection.

Ingredients
#1
6 cups oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup raw, unsweetened coconut

#2
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup raw honey

Directions
In a large bowl mix #1. In another large bowl or measuring cup, mix #2. Pour #2 over #1 and mix well. Bake at 325. Take out of oven and stir every 15 minutes and bake until golden, about 1 hour.

P.S. I’ll be sharing wedding details soon, including some of our photos, taken by Alice Gao.

1. Margeaux Knight

January 23rd, 2013 at 1:44 pm

I'm on a cleanse so this post is making me super hungry. All I can eat today is a baked potato and veggies! Hahaha.

Margeaux
    margeauxknight.blogspot.com

2. Hannah

January 23rd, 2013 at 1:51 pm

mhm yum yum! this looks soo great! totally love how you organize your recipes!!

3. Milynn {Love + Whimsy}

January 23rd, 2013 at 2:58 pm

What a wonderful gift! Congrats on your marriage and welcome back 🙂

4. Bon&Jour

January 23rd, 2013 at 3:35 pm

I just discovered your blog – it's just beautiful! Oh and the kitchen is also my favorite place :)!

5. Bon&Jour

January 23rd, 2013 at 3:39 pm

…oh and the recipe collection as a wedding gift is just heartwarming!

6. Dana {bloom and inspire}

January 23rd, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Welcome back and congratulations! Looking forward to seeing your wedding photos.

7. Colleen / Inspired to Share

January 23rd, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Welcome back dear! So happy for you and and Joseph and your new home! Excited to have you back blogging again, I've missed you! xo

8. Lena at A Crimson Kiss

January 23rd, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Congratulations Mrs, and welcome back!

9. Julia Ableson

January 24th, 2013 at 1:01 am

I love the photos! 😛 happy for you

10. Ana Cooks

January 24th, 2013 at 10:34 am

i am so in love with your shots, i could scroll upside down all day long in your blog!

11. Susan

January 24th, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Congratulations!

12. brianne

January 26th, 2013 at 1:14 am

So glad to have you back 🙂 Can't wait to see photos of your big day

13. Feminine 23

January 27th, 2013 at 9:06 am

Oh I love your recipe box. I always want to make one never actually did. I think I gotta make one right away after seeing your cute box 🙂

14. sabir

March 8th, 2015 at 5:25 pm

this is lovable ,i have all the stuff for free steam wallet codes 2015. there are free online generators at this link .grab them now online.