March 1, 2013

scenes from our kitchen / 02

Recently, I spend the majority of my day in the kitchen. I’m
constantly snacking and cleaning up. And then at about 4 or 5, I start
making dinner so it’s perfectly timed for when Joe walks through the
door after a hard day’s work. Then I wake up from my nap, and Joe is home and dinner isn’t actually ready, or even planned. haha.

In
all seriousness, I do spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Thankfully,
we have a large window (overlooking the sheep pasture which is full of
lambs right now) which makes the time spent in the kitchen so very
enjoyable. Here are a few snapshots from this week, all from my instagram.

1 // My mom brought us farm eggs from PA when she visited last weekend.
2 // A serious taste sensation. Salmon burger cooked in butter, garlic, cayenne pepper, dill, and a bit of lemon juice. On slightly toasted bread with lettuce and avocado. Try it.
3 // Some produce from Stoneybrook Farm.
4 // Yesterday’s breakfast: raw oats and raw milk, topped with chopped apple, banana and blueberries.

Hope you enjoy this little peek into my kitchen.

How time flies – it’s already March 1! In just over 3 months, we will have a tiny baby girl in our arms. Oh, I can’t wait! Have a blessed weekend, friends! See you here on Monday, with an exciting introduction to a new series (and contributors) on A Daily Something!

1. Hannah Nicole

March 1st, 2013 at 3:45 pm

mmm…these look so yummy! I adore raw oats and that salmon burger. oh my. will have to try!

March 1st, 2013 at 4:13 pm

My sister-in-law gave me the idea for the salmon burger sandwich, and I'm SO happy I tried it….it's my new fave lunch!

3. Lauren Foster

March 1st, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Kale? I'm obsessed right now–except sadly I can't seem to succeed at making kale chips without burning them. It's a work in progress.

Lovely pictures! 🙂

March 1st, 2013 at 4:13 pm

I hear you, Lauren! It's all about keeping a close eye on them while they're in the oven! Such a yummy snack!

5. Margeaux Knight

March 1st, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Those look so yummy! Fresh farm eggs are the best. 🙂

Margeaux
    margeauxknight.blogspot.com

6. Leah

March 1st, 2013 at 4:55 pm

that salmon burger looks so delicious! love your photos!

7. Anonymous

March 1st, 2013 at 5:41 pm

We want to see more of your kitchen than the food…maybe the window?

March 1st, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Anonymous,

My kitchen's so tiny I've shown most of it already 🙂 When I have a larger kitchen, I'll show more, promise! And I'll think about that window shot 😉

9. Milynn {Love + Whimsy}

March 1st, 2013 at 6:38 pm

I am so inspired by all of your healthy foods!

March 1st, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Thanks, Milynn!

11. saralie chuckles

March 1st, 2013 at 6:47 pm

The burger looks great, do you make the patties yourself? If so could you share the recipe? I am totally inspired… 🙂

March 1st, 2013 at 7:09 pm