April 22, 2013

the weekend and happy monday!

I so cherish Saturdays and Sundays, because they are the days when Joe and I get to be together all day. I always over schedule our weekends, with glorious plans to complete everything on our to-do list. The weekend list is rarely satisfactorily “crossed off” on Mondays, but that’s ok because we’re together. This weekend was a whirlwind (they always are) and we actually did get some important things accomplished, like sleeping in and having a tasty breakfast of griddle cakes, sausage, fruit and yogurt (above photo from my instagram).

On Saturday and Sunday, we (read: Joe and his brother) worked diligently building two simple wooden tables for this Friday’s gathering! I’ve partnered with Refinery29 and Grand Marnier for this little backyard supper, and let me tell you, I’m excited to see all the pieces come together. I’ll be busy this week with last minute preparations, and just cannot wait to share sneak peeks via instagram (we’ll be using the hashtag #adailygathering – follow along!), and then the final product in May!

We also prepared for the baby by shopping for our birth center supplies! We’re all ready for this little girl now, with emergency supplies for the car, and everything we need for the birth center. Now we just have to write our birth plan (did you write a birth plan – I’d love to hear about it!). I cannot believe that in just four short weeks, I’ll be considered full term (37 weeks) and could deliver her naturally at the birth center. Sweet little girl, we can’t wait to meet you!

How was your weekend, friends?

1. Sarah

April 22nd, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Aw sounds like a lovely and exciting weekend. How neat your are going to have her in a birth center! Yes, I had a birth plan, but I delivered in a hospital and it seemed like they don't even look at it. I just told them what I wanted along the way. I've considered using a birth center if I get pregnant again. Happy Monday!

2. Grace

April 23rd, 2013 at 12:15 am

What a beautiful breakfast stack of griddlecakes. Your food Instagrams are marvelous.

3. Heather

April 23rd, 2013 at 12:22 am

Your Instagram photos belong in a magazine.

Can't wait to see what you've come up with for your gathering!

4. Milynn {Love + Whimsy}

April 23rd, 2013 at 12:38 am

Wow! I feel like you *just* announced that she was on the way! So close now 🙂 So happy for you!

5. Teresa A.

April 23rd, 2013 at 4:13 pm

My midwives' office had a simplified birth plan form that I filled out for each of mine (and I did have mine in a hospital) and things went mostly according to plan. My big shock was how terrible I felt after the first birth–barely able to stand up, let alone walk around. The second time was way easier. I was walking down the halls a few hours later.

The first birth went pretty much according to plan but the second had a lot of complications and she was admitted to the NICU right away, I only got to hold her once in the first 24 hours (slightly more detail here: http://belleandbaby.blogspot.com/2013/02/two-months-ellie.html). Just remember that even if things don't go according to plan, it's not the end of the world. Your baby will still bond with you and other moms have gone through unexpected surprises (good ones and bad) and there's no "right" way to have a baby–so you didn't fail regardless of how it goes!

April 23rd, 2013 at 6:49 pm

Thanks for sharing, Teresa 🙂 SO many people have told me not to have too high hopes of following the "plan" to a T. & I'm so nervous about recovery…praying everything goes smoothly and that she's healthy! 🙂