May 21, 2013

Style | Altar’d State + 37 Weeks

Friends! I am officially 37 1/2 weeks today! Which means I’ve entered the 5-week window (from 37-42 weeks) where I’m permitted to deliver our baby girl naturally at our midwives’ birth center. Praying she joins us on her own accord in the next few weeks so I don’t have to be induced!

These days, I’m all about the dresses (and air conditioning) because boy, growing a baby (and shopping for baby/nesting/etc.) is hard work and 90 degree weather is not fun! When Altar’d State sent me this striped maxi dress it quickly became a wardrobe staple…it’s incredibly comfortable, and can be paired with great belt/sweater/shoe combos! Best part about it? I’m wearing it at 37 weeks, and plan on wearing it all summer long! And it’s not maternity! Avoid-maternity-clothes mission accomplished. Thanks, Altar’d State!

Crafty Girl Maxi Dress: c/o Altar’d State // Belt+Necklace: thrifted // Sandals: Target (past season)

This dress is so versatile! Perfect for a stroll+book picnic at a nearby park, an afternoon coffee date, thrifting around town. And I am so looking forward to bringing this dress on our beach vacation in September. Already planning family outfits…!

Local Northern VA friends, did you know there’s an Altar’d State right here in Leesburg? You should check out the store – the staff is incredibly friendly, and they have some lovely summer dresses (and everything else you need).

Happy Tuesday!

Photography by Lisa Chiu for A Daily Something

1. Pink Ronnie

May 21st, 2013 at 12:44 pm

That's very exciting Rebecca, I hope it all goes well for you!
    Ronnie xo

2. Kate

May 21st, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Can I just tell you how amazing you look?! When I have kids someday I hope to look half as chic as you do!

3. Jana Miller

May 21st, 2013 at 1:41 pm

How exciting. New babies are so much fun 🙂 Best of luck for a quick and safe delivery
    Jana @ 333 Days of Hand Lettering

4. brittany z

May 21st, 2013 at 7:26 pm

you look lovely lady. love the dress. I'm all about the dresses & air condition too. I'm 20 weeks preggo & Texas weather is heating up. lol

May 27th, 2013 at 4:25 pm

You look so beautiful. I am so glad you're getting so many cute maternity shots while you can! The dress is very cool, but I looked on teh website and… where is the back?! Any tips on how to wear it?

6. Pinon Coffee

May 30th, 2013 at 2:02 am

Also, the Leesburg Altar'd State has a cool wall with marbles in it behind the register and they (sometimes) don't mind if you let your toddler play with it… 😀