I’m super behind today, posting this recipe about 12 hours later than I intended. I’ve been trying to get caught up all day, but haven’t quite been able cross off all my to-dos. I have a few really exciting projects and opportunities, many of which have crazy deadlines! I’m trying to learn the art of prioritizing…and feeling like a failure most of the time! If I owe you an email that requires any sort of thought, I promise, it’s coming! You’d think that responding to emails would be one of the easiest things to do with two littles, but it isn’t! Sometimes I sit down to write an email and get interrupted 5 times before I can press send. I’m working on learning how to spend time with my children AND take care of business! What are some tricks for balancing quality time with your family and working from home?
Now, onto the good stuff…the recipes! For this week’s Monday Breakfast Series, Joy and I partnered with Huckle & Goose! If you’re not familiar with Huckle & Goose, it’s a seasonal meal planning app that provides you with incredible menus, recipes, & shopping lists every week, utilizing seasonal, farm-fresh ingredients found in your CSA boxes and farmer’s markets. I couldn’t do my meal planning (update coming soon) without them….they make it simple and fun! I’m a huge fan of Huckle & Goose (Christine & Anca menu planned and prepared all the food for last May’s Kinfolk Dinner). Also, in just a few weeks,Christine is moving out to Northern VA and we’ll basically be neighbors!
Joy and I are sharing two of their seasonal recipes: Celery Root and Sweet Potato Hash and my personal favorite, a German Apple Pancake! If you subscribe to Huckle & Goose, each week you’re provided with a savory breakfast option and a sweet breakfast option. I’ve made this German Apple Pancake about ten times since it first came through on the plan a few months ago. If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve seen a few snaps of this beautiful pancake. I love how eggy and dense it is. It’s also not too sweet, and made with spelt flour. Zoe thinks it’s cake, and I’m fine with that!
– 1 apple
– 1 tbsp unsalted butter
– 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
– 5 large eggs
– 1/4 cup maple syrup
– 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
– 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup spelt flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/8 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and heat butter in an 8″ cast iron skillet (or oven-proof pan) over medium-low heat.
2. Cut the apples in 1/4″ slices and sauté just a couple minutes until soft, sprinkling with the cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. While the apples are cooking, give the wet ingredients (eggs, maple syrup, applesauce, and vanilla) a few pulses in food processor (or mix in medium bowl). Add the dry ingredients and blend/mix again.
4. Very slowly pour the pancake batter in the pan so the apples don’t move. Cook on the stovetop for 5 minutes, then transfer to the upper third of the oven for 22-25 minutes until dark golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Invert onto a serving plate and serve with whipped cream or maple syrup if you fancy. Pour some tea too. (Or coffee.) ENJOY!
Discovering how to inhabit our lives—ourselves, our work, our relationships, our homes, and our entertaining spaces—with intention.
Interested in working together?
Click here to visit the Contact page and get in touch.
Be the first to know of upcoming workshops, dinners, gatherings, and more.
Learn more about A Daily Something styling services, content creation offerings and view curated work.
ALL PHOTOS AND IMAGES ON A DAILY SOMETHING ARE BY A DAILY SOMETHING UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED. IF YOU SEE AN IMAGE THAT IS NOT PROPERLY SOURCED, PLEASE LET US KNOW AND WE'LL UPDATE THE INFORMATION! IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE A PHOTO OR TUTORIAL FROM A DAILY SOMETHING, PLEASE ONLY SHARE ONE PHOTO, WHICH MUST BE CREDITED AND LINKED BACK TO A DAILY SOMETHING.
SPONSORED POSTS WILL ALWAYS BE DISCLOSED AND ANY GIFTED ITEMS WILL BE MARKED C/O. WE ONLY WORK WITH COMPANIES THAT ARE A GOOD FIT FOR THE A DAILY SOMETHING AESTHETIC AND CONTENT. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE COMPANIES THAT ENABLE US TO CONTINUE PRODUCING QUALITY CONTENT.