April 5, 2016

My Work | The Creative Process in Belle Lumière

I love when I nearly forget about a work project, and then I’m pleasantly reminded about it months later and I’m able to share my favorite outtakes! I never quite forgot about this day, though. I’ve been itching to share these photos with you. They were waiting in a folder on my desktop labeled WORK TO BLOG; just waiting for the OK! Naomi was a tiny baby and I brought along a babysitter who either lounged with Naomi on a blanket in the shade of these centuries-old trees, or sat with her in the car with the windows open. I took several nursing breaks. With NO warning, a summer rain & thunderstorm blew in, and the tabletop I’d designed for hours (and had yet to be photographed) was nearly ruined. We got drenched, the table was soaked, and we used our bodies to protect Sally and her husband’s equipment. But, the storm left us as swiftly as it had arrived, and because of Lori’s resolve, we were able to save the table and these images resulted!

I was so incredibly honored to work with Lori at Wild Green Yonder & Sally Pinera on this beautiful project. We were styling & documenting THE CREATIVE PROCESS, and a lovely little feature was just printed in Volume XI of Belle Lumière. The sketching over tea, the gathered inspirations, the textures, the mood board. The flower picking and careful arranging. And then the setting of the table and the friends gathered ’round.

This is one of my favorite creative jobs thus far; the images Sally captured are just perfect, and Lori’s florals are so moody and wild and free. Fields of Flowers is a local – to me (in Purcellville, Virginia) – flower farm and I cannot wait to bring the girls there for the first time this season in a just few weeks! Hope you are inspired to go outside and create something beautiful!

Photos: Sally Pinera | Florals: Lori, Wild Green Yonder | Styling: Rebecca, A Daily Something

1. Jennifer

April 5th, 2016 at 12:43 pm

So delicious! I love the images and process captured here.

April 7th, 2016 at 1:38 pm

Thanks, Jennifer <3

3. Kate

April 5th, 2016 at 1:55 pm

Such an enchanting scene! I love the wildness of the flowers arrangement and the styling is so lovely. I'd never be able to tell from the serenity of the photos that the table weathered a thunderstorm! 🙂

April 7th, 2016 at 1:39 pm

Aren't Lori's florals just perfect? It was so fun watching it come to life, from inspiration, to picking & arranging! 🙂

5. Anna Clair M

April 5th, 2016 at 2:46 pm

ohhhh, all of the heart eyes for this post!!!

April 7th, 2016 at 1:39 pm

<3 love you!

7. Ronnie

April 6th, 2016 at 8:40 am

Stunning work as usual, Rebecca.
    Ronnie xo

April 7th, 2016 at 1:39 pm

Thanks Ronnie!!! xoxoxo

9. Lori Tran

April 6th, 2016 at 1:04 pm

This was one of my favorites of all time as well! I loved working together on this – such good vibes that day. And I think everyone fell so in love with Naomi – she's welcome to be on our team any time 🙂

April 7th, 2016 at 1:39 pm

haha, she's a bit of a terror now 😉 can't wait to work with you again soon, hopefully! <3