August 25, 2011

wear a tree…

Around your neck.

Well, not really.

I’ve had this lovely box of apple wood lying around for a few weeks now – I’ve just been waiting for the inspiration to hit.  The other day, my 13 year-old brother proudly showed me his latest project.  He had sliced one of the apple wood branches into lovely coaster-like pieces.  My mind racing, I immediately asked him to drill a hole for a necklace.

Here’s what I came up with (and wore all day).

I have SO MUCH of this wood, and am so very excited about other projects and pretty things I’ll be able to make.

Edit: I wore this necklace here.

1. pushups with polish

August 25th, 2011 at 8:20 am

beautiful! what a great idea!! can't wait to see more xxo

2. adele

August 25th, 2011 at 1:26 pm

You're so creative xoxo

3. Gloria

August 25th, 2011 at 3:42 pm

This is so cool – great job!

4. Christina

August 25th, 2011 at 3:55 pm

I love it, especially the double-strand-chain-rope thing… Can't wait to wear mine!

5. sherri lynn

August 25th, 2011 at 4:20 pm

oh my gosh this is so pretty! I love it!! You are so creative and now I wish I had a piece of this to do the same! You should make another one and do a little give away 😉

6. Andrea@Fancy That!

August 25th, 2011 at 4:40 pm

I had no idea that was wood when I first saw the image. Wood is already so beautiful–and that little slice is to die for

7. sherri lynn

August 25th, 2011 at 5:08 pm

ok I'm pretty much obsessed with this necklace of yours! I just included it on my "striking my fancy" post today, but i linked and gave you credit so i hope it's okay!

8. Stephanie @ henry happened

August 25th, 2011 at 5:12 pm

Wow, GORGEOUS!! I love those purplish shades in there.

9. Victoria

August 25th, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Wow, I love it, such a wonderful idea!

10. lori

August 25th, 2011 at 10:02 pm

You are too cute! What a fun idea. And not to hard to make either, if someone is art challenged. 🙂

11. Becca {A Blonde's Logic}

August 27th, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Wow! I love it! Great idea!

Becca

12. Blue

August 28th, 2011 at 5:35 pm

These look amazing, you should consider selling them…

13. Leluwa

August 17th, 2012 at 4:22 am

I love it! How can I buy one? – Tabitha

14. Anonymous

August 7th, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Ok I must be a total blonde here bc thisnlooks like glass to me not wood??.what am I missing here??..its beautiful and I want one haha but??