We made this beeswax lip balm at the November A Daily Gathering Natural Decor + Beeswax Workshop. It's simple to make, and really rewarding! This recipe is my favorite; not only does it work incredibly well, especially during these crazy dry winter months, but it smells (and tastes) pretttttty good. Just ask Zoe. Every time I put some on, she asks for some, and then promptly licks it off her little lips.
The lip balm makes a great gift - make a big batch and keep several jars on hand for whenever you might need an extra little something for someone. I made about 12 jars and gave it to all the women in my family for Christmas!
To make your own, gather the following:
Ingredients + Supplies
- 1/4 cup beeswax (I highly recommend Mountain Rose Herbs, it's affordable and cosmetic grade)
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon organic olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- double boiler (or a sauce pan and a heat-proof bowl)
- glass jar/container for storing lip balm (these 79 ml Weck jars are my favorite)
Add beeswax, coconut oil, and olive oil to heat proof bowl. Place bowl over saucepan filled halfway with water. Heat water to simmer and allow beeswax mixture to melt. Remove from heat, and add honey and vanilla. Carefully pour into containers and allow to cool before covering. Enjoy!
Photos by Anna Clair Photography for A Daily Something