October 4, 2011

introducing | a new toy you’re bound to love

Today I have the honor and privilege of introducing you to a {new} quirky and fun line of toys, Doodads and Noodles. These handcrafted toys, lovingly created and designed by my friend Wendy Thomas and her son Joshua, are sure to have you smiling, and perhaps wanting one for your own children (or yourself)!

Graphic design work by Erika Thomas.
A lifelong visionary and creator, Wendy began designing Doodads in 2009 and today, she sells them in a few lovely shops in northern New Jersey.
Doodads (designed by Wendy) and Noodles (designed by 13 year-old Joshua) are made from the highest quality repurposed designer fabrics and textiles to create cozy, fun toys.  Wendy handpicks the fabrics, thread, and buttons, and carefully assembles each toy at her home in New Jersey.
Using every inch of fabric, Doodads are made from the bodice of the garments, while Noodles utilize the sleeves and other excess fabric from the garments.  As such, each Doodad and Noodle are designed as part of a unique, colorful collection.
Noodle//Body: orange Old Navy sweater | Nose: charcoal gray J Crew sweater.
Doodad//Body: orange Ralph Lauren pants turned inside-out | Ears: dark gray Calvin Klein sweater | Under ears: light gray Donna Karan velvet.

Doodad//Body: light blue Donna Karan suede | Ears: taupe Donna Karan fur.

Doodad//Body: purple Gap sweater | Ears: purple wool | Under ears: green pants

Noodle//Body: purple Gap sweater | Raccoon Eyes: dark charcoal gray sweater.
Even sweeter than the toys themselves is that some of the proceeds from Doodads and Noodles benefit Child Cry NYC, a non-profit organization dedicated to feeding children worldwide.  Child Cry NYC is currently working in 22 countries and has provided nourishment to over 4,100 children.  Child Cry NYC is a ministry of Times Square Church.

Aren’t these toys adorable?  Maybe, if we beg, Wendy will take our orders?  😉  They’d be a perfect gift for a child’s birthday or even at a baby shower!

P.S.  Wendy is incredible, if you haven’t noticed.  I blogged about her beautiful home and interior design work, her cozy reading nook, and she’s my style post photographer.

1. adele

October 4th, 2011 at 1:16 pm

I love them, especially the knitted ones xoxo

2. Brynn {chartreuse and a twist}

October 4th, 2011 at 3:52 pm

So adorable! I know some little one who would just love these 🙂 xoxoxo brynn

3. Sarah

October 4th, 2011 at 4:54 pm

Oh my gosh. I think my baby girl needs one. I'm definitely checking out her stuff. I am SUCH sucker for handmade stuff. So much more love goes into. Thanks so much for sharing =)

BTW I'm guest posting about mommy fashion over at The Short and the Sweet of It this morning. You should stop by if you get a second =)

– Sarah

4. Christianna

October 4th, 2011 at 7:52 pm

Soooo freaking cute!

5. Lindsay @ Delighted Momma

October 5th, 2011 at 5:38 am

I DOO love those!! The name is pure genius! I use that word all the time..love that she used it for the brand!

6. Lindsay @ Delighted Momma

October 5th, 2011 at 5:38 am

7. Lindsay @ Delighted Momma

October 5th, 2011 at 5:38 am

8. Lindsay @ Delighted Momma

October 5th, 2011 at 5:39 am

9. Lindsay @ Delighted Momma

October 5th, 2011 at 5:39 am

10. Lindsay @ Delighted Momma

October 5th, 2011 at 2:01 pm

EEps sorry girl for all the comments lol!

11. Stephanie @ henry happened

October 6th, 2011 at 3:16 pm

How cute are those? They remind me of the Ugly Dolls, which my daughter LOVES. Though these are not ugly at all 🙂

12. William

November 22nd, 2011 at 8:57 am

I think they can definitely be great gifts for birthday parties. If you'll think about it, they're kind of unique compared to other toys. That's what make them cool.

toy stores