January 23, 2012

recipe | grapes wrapped in goat cheese

My friend Rachel and I made these grapes wrapped in goat cheese for my sister’s 29th birthday celebration.  They are incredibly tasty, and equally simple and enjoyable to make.

Ingredients
– 1 package red grapes
– 1 lb. goat cheese (if you don’t like goat cheese, you could use a milder soft cheese)
– large handful of walnuts

Directions
Wash the grapes and dry thoroughly.  Gently mold goat cheese around individual grapes, carefully covering the entire grape.  I used the entire package of cheese, and then munched on the leftover grapes.  Chop walnuts, then roll cheese-covered grapes in walnuts (you may want to gently press the walnuts into the cheese for extra coverage).  Chill before serving.  Then place on a thrifted plate, and voila, you’re done!

Time to enjoy these scrumptious treats!

Have a blessed Monday, friends.

Photography by Robert Thomas for A Daily Something.

1. Hollis

January 23rd, 2012 at 3:14 pm

This is my favorite "special" snack!! My husband and I love them so much we requested them for our wedding. Instead of walnuts, we use pistachio's though.

2. Lauren (stillpluslife)

January 23rd, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Popping over from Hilary Inspired, and hello! These look amazing! I need to have a party STAT so I can serve them. Or maybe just an evening in front of the fire!

3. house of earnest

January 23rd, 2012 at 3:28 pm

These look awesome! I've never seen anything like this and I'm definitely going to do it. I always have these items on hand, so it will be so simple!

January 23rd, 2012 at 3:42 pm

these must be so fun to eat! they look delicious! i bet your sister was quite impressed 🙂

5. Aubrey Blankenship

January 23rd, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Love this! Can't wait to try!

6. Jessie @ Style and Pepper

January 23rd, 2012 at 4:56 pm

YUM! Oh my goodness, I have all of this at home… might have to make it for lunch! 🙂

7. Alexa

January 23rd, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Oh goodness what a perfect little sweet treat!

8. Hanna

January 23rd, 2012 at 5:41 pm

it looks so yummy. The pictures are beautiful, too.

9. Bailey@Lost&Found

January 23rd, 2012 at 7:49 pm

omg, I have to make these. I LOVE goat cheese, and well, grapes wrapped in goat cheese- yes please! Thanks for such a GREAT idea!

Bailey

10. Kirsten @ Triple Max Tons

January 23rd, 2012 at 8:43 pm

UMMM YUM. Who invents these fantastic recipes? I need to get WAY more creative in the kitchen. It's official.

11. Shari Ana

January 23rd, 2012 at 10:17 pm

these look amazing ! i saw the picture of them from your earlier post and have been wondering what they are. what a great idea – esp for my friends who have an allergy to gluten, since it's so hard to find delicious + decadent gluten-free appetizer recipes that will please the whole crowd. i will definitely be passing this one on!
    xx shari

12. Lena at A Crimson Kiss

January 24th, 2012 at 2:39 am

These sound positively delicious!

13. Tobe | Because It's Awesome

January 26th, 2012 at 1:53 pm

i am fond of ANYTHING wrapped in goat cheese!

14. Michelle

January 28th, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Those look amazing!!! I love anything with goat cheese!!!

15. clussster.com

January 28th, 2012 at 11:17 pm

The images are so lovely! Can't wait to try these out [with some dairy free alternative for my allergies] but grapes and walnuts? I'm all over that.

–Fi

16. Colleen / Inspired to Share

January 29th, 2012 at 4:07 am

OMG YUM!!!! You may have changed my life.

17. Robyn

February 7th, 2012 at 5:45 pm

just saw this covered by a cup of jo – what a great idea.so going to try it!

18. Anonymous

February 7th, 2012 at 6:46 pm

OK…So I am a Vegan…and saying that i LOVE goat cheese almost makes me cringe. Goat cheese is the ONLY cheese i will ever eat, and those times are VERY FEW and far between. However, these look AMAZING…but, for those who don't like [or just don't eat] nuts (my son), do you [or anyone] have a suggestion for alternatives to roll them in??

19. Anonymous

October 2nd, 2013 at 5:36 am

coconut

20. Tamara

February 7th, 2012 at 7:47 pm

I'll be stopping by the market on my way home from work. These sound amazing! Thanks to Cup of Jo for sending me to your blog. Love it!

And as for an alternative to nuts, maybe a finely crushed granola or even honey-wheat cracker crumbs?

21. Olivilla

February 7th, 2012 at 7:48 pm

ummmmmmmmm

22. Jill Hardt

February 7th, 2012 at 9:05 pm

I think these would also present really nicely with out the nuts and just a little spoon of a fruit preserve dabbed on top.

23. Eva {Not your mama's dinner}

February 7th, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Whow! I LOVE this 'recipe'! It's so simple and lovable. How can anyone resist?

24. theincurablelibertine

February 7th, 2012 at 10:37 pm

wow this sounds amazing i'm definitely going to try this!!!

25. Kylee Noelle {blog}

February 7th, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Oh my goodness these sound delicious! I love goat cheese anything so will definitely be giving this a try!

February 8th, 2012 at 4:19 pm

@Anonymous: Like Tamara suggested, I'd try using cracker crumbs (but not crushed too much). Or for a sweet alternative, maybe dried fruit, like cranberry bits?

27. Taylor

February 9th, 2012 at 9:44 pm

I just ate some of these, just now. I'm not kidding! So good.

28. Carmen Eva

February 11th, 2012 at 5:53 pm

mmmm me tinca, que rico!

29. Cookie + Kate

April 2nd, 2012 at 6:55 pm

I never would have thought of rolling together three of the foods I love most on cheese plates! Brilliant appetizer concept.

30. Anonymous

December 9th, 2013 at 12:19 am

need to make ahead=would they freeze ok?