January 30, 2012

recipe | kale chips

My friend Wendy made these kale chips on Saturday, and I could not stop eating them.  They may or may not be the yummiest (and easiest to make) treat I’ve had in a while.  And I can’t get over how healthy they are!  Kale chips would make an excellent addition to your Super Bowl party menu (or you can serve the guys potato chips and save the yummy kale chips for yourself – it’s your choice).

Ingredients
– Fresh kale
– Olive oil
– Sea salt
– Freshly ground pepper

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Wash and dry the kale.  Cut the leaves off the stalk and into smaler chip-sized pieces (they will shrink a bit, so you don’t have to cut them too small).  Toss in olive oil, salt and pepper.  Line baking sheet with parchment paper and cover with kale.  Bake for about 10-12 minutes (but it really depends on your oven).  You should check them every 4 minutes because they have a tendency to burn very easily.  You’ll know the chips are ready when the edges begin to turn darker green.

You could add any seasoning to make your chips flavored.  I think garlic + parmesan would be delicious and might try that next!

Have a wonderful Monday!!

1. jillian m.

January 30th, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Kale chips are my favorite. Highly addictive stuff!

2. Jen @ A Touch of Lovely

January 30th, 2012 at 2:42 pm

I loooove kale chips! And I agree– they're totally addictive! I swear every time I make them I end up eating the whole batch. I sprinkle mine with garlic powder. Sooooo good!

3. Naomi

January 30th, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Soooo so good!

4. Alexa

January 30th, 2012 at 5:01 pm

I've been seeing these everywhere, going to have to give them a try!

5. Gloria

January 30th, 2012 at 5:52 pm

I LOVE kale chips! Definitely sprinkle some parm on top next time – so good!

6. Jaclyn

January 30th, 2012 at 9:03 pm

I have been dying to make kale chips! I think you've inspired me to finally do it. These look great and I love your layout. Thanks for the comment on my post too. I did take the photos for my DIY, so glad you enjoyed 🙂

7. amanda jane

January 30th, 2012 at 9:15 pm

yum! looks amazing. Will have to try it out.

8. Lauren (stillpluslife)

January 30th, 2012 at 9:32 pm

I've been considering and considering making these. Hmmm. I think my son will need to go out of town first, though!

9. AaReAn

January 30th, 2012 at 10:35 pm

hmmm, I have neve been big on kale but these seriously sound delicious! YOu always share the greatest things!

xoxo
    Aarean
    colorissue.blogpsot.com

10. Lena at A Crimson Kiss

January 31st, 2012 at 12:29 am

Adding these to my "must try" list!

11. Michelle

January 31st, 2012 at 12:56 am

Aren't they the best thing ever?!

12. Morlee

January 31st, 2012 at 6:09 am

Looks amazing!!! And pretty healthy.

13. onemanyextras

February 6th, 2012 at 3:16 pm

i've discovered the love of kale as well! and i've realized that it's too easy to burn

14. aandbctheworld.com

February 7th, 2012 at 8:57 pm

absolutely love LOVE love Kale chips. Something so good about tasting great but is secretly healthy!

15. Jill Hardt

February 7th, 2012 at 9:07 pm

These are the absolute best. I have to bake for longer..usually closer to 20 minutes but def have to be careful to avoid burning!
    I came over from Cup of Jo with the goat cheese and so glad she linked you! new follower for sure 😀