January 20, 2012

a wintry tablescape

I’m so very excited to be sharing some outtakes from my applewood cake stand DIY for Styled. Mag.  It was an honor to be included in Victoria’s beautiful magazine!
Back in December, my friend (and fantastically talented photographer) Rebekah and I met in her home in northern Virginia for several inspiration-filled hours to style and shoot this feature.  We kicked off our shoes (seriously, and you can see my silly socks), carefully flavored our coffees with cinnamon and caramel, and went to work.

I had so much fun watching Rebekah work her magic with the camera and lighting.  If you need a photographer, take a look at her stunning work.  And she has a beautiful blog!

Hope you enjoy these fun pictures!

Have a blessed weekend – see you Monday!

1. Lesley

January 20th, 2012 at 12:45 pm

so lovely! love the picture of you in the chair, too. adorable!

2. Morlee

January 20th, 2012 at 4:46 pm

You are so amazing!! I love seeing behind the scenes of your creativeness!

3. Ashleigh Nicole

January 20th, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Looks delish!

xo Ashleigh

4. laptitegrecque

January 20th, 2012 at 5:21 pm

wow everything is looking pretty delicious! 🙂

5. Nikki Sue

January 20th, 2012 at 5:48 pm

With or without my iPhone – I STILL manage to appreciate your blog! You're incredibly talented. Only negative comment I have it now I am craving cake! 😉

6. Gabrielle Ryan

January 20th, 2012 at 10:33 pm

beautiful!

7. Lena at A Crimson Kiss

January 21st, 2012 at 12:16 am

What a gorgeous table for your amazing cake stand!

8. Anna of IHOD

January 21st, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Well I am totally impressed with the tablescape and decor, as well as the photography. What a team!

9. hannahstiff

January 21st, 2012 at 7:39 pm

I love this tablescape! I can totally pull this off in Montana:) The cake looks amazing, too. Thanks for a little inspiration! Just started following you on Pinterest for a little extra inspiration. Come by, say hi and follow if ya feel like it!
    real budget, real busy, real body fashion:
    4scarlet.com

10. Social Couture

January 22nd, 2012 at 5:54 pm

I love the Cake Stand…such a cute, simple idea. Thanks for the inspiration.

11. Kenziefaith

January 23rd, 2012 at 2:20 am

What a gorgeous blog you have! I've really enjoyed looking through your posts. This one is perfect! (This outfit!! Beautiful)

12. L.A. in the bay

January 23rd, 2012 at 5:15 am

so incredibly beautiful, love it!

13. rebecca

January 23rd, 2012 at 3:46 pm

how cute are you in your wooly socks and bright scarf?! if i only i had a proper dining table to do such a thing….

14. Gloria

January 23rd, 2012 at 7:15 pm

I love seeing "behind the scenes" type shots – this looks like it was a blast!