February 10, 2012

happy weekend!

I love finding inspiration in nature and embracing nature in entertaining.  Whether it be a lunch in the middle of a field (photography by Lisa Warninger) or a simple plant and serving  fruit on wooden cutting board (photography by Jennifer Young), I’m obsessed.

These two images are from two blogs I’ve recently started reading: Kinfolk Magazine Journal and I Art U.  If you aren’t already following these blogs, check them out – I promise you will be inspired.

Thanks so much for all your wonderful comments on yesterday’s happy birthday post.  I’m writing a post on the lessons I’ve learned this first year of blogging and cannot wait to share it with you!

What do you have planned for this weekend?  I’ll be having a baking photoshoot with Wendy, making business plans, cleaning a TON, and blogging for the week ahead.  I might go skiing, too!

till Monday,

1. Hannah @ www.thrivingthirty.tumblr.com

February 10th, 2012 at 4:53 pm

As you've already said… GORGEOUS images! Thanks for sharing! I especially love the grapefruit. I'm always looking for inspiration to be a better photographer. Thanks!
    Hannah at http://www.thrivingthirty.tumblr.com

2. Sara S ♥

February 10th, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Such pretty images! They make me want to have a picnic!
    ~Sara
    sarastrauss.blogspot.com

3. AaReAn

February 10th, 2012 at 5:44 pm

oh wow. that grapefruit photo is amazing. Just had to comment and tell ya! (like you didn't already know?!?! ha)

4. Vanessa

February 10th, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Even though I'm only seeing a small part of it, I'm already head over heels for that picnic table. I've been searching for the perfect picnic table for my dining room, much to my boyfriend's dismay.

5. julie

February 10th, 2012 at 6:21 pm

baking photoshoot…so fun1

6. lori

February 10th, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Great photos. Especially the out of focus background on the grapefruit. Happy weekend!

February 10th, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Vanessa, Chelsea Fuss (from Frolic!) styled that picnic in the field for Kinfolk, and you can read more about her sources here. The picnic table is from Thea's Antiques. 🙂

8. BeetleBuggy

February 10th, 2012 at 10:50 pm

What beautiful images….nothing fancy but elegant, love them! Skiing sounds like tons of fun! Sounds like a busy weekend you have there, enjoy! We have an early mardi gras celebration over the weekend so that's going to be fun 😉

9. Hilary Inspired

February 11th, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Oh dear, my weekend? Looks like a lot of catch-up work hopefully leading to working ahead for the like like you!! Have a great one!

10. Lena at A Crimson Kiss

February 12th, 2012 at 1:05 am

Such beautiful photos, and a wonderful week ahead! Can't wait to see the fruits of your labor!

11. Jennifer Young

February 13th, 2012 at 6:33 am

so kind of you to share my work, rebecca. thank you so much!
    j.