When entertaining in a small home or apartment, your guests will undoubtedly spend time in the kitchen...you might even put them to work. :) It's so very important to make your kitchen warm and inviting. One of my favorite ways to achieve this is to have open shelving, with gorgeous, everyday kitchen objects on display.
My sister was inspired by a shelf at Anthropologie and decided to look for a shelf for her 600 sq ft apartment. She found the shelf and all its contents on just two trips to Unique Thrift Shop! I adore her choice of colors - reds, teals, and natural browns - and her layered styling. It reflects her personality and is now an indispensable element of her kitchen.
Here's the breakdown of costs:
- shelf : $15 (and she removed the doors on the top half - she can still hide things away in the bottom)
- blue bottles : $1, $2, and $3 each
- peach Fiesta Ware bowls : 6 for $3
- various serving bowls : $1.50 each
- wooden mini bowls : 4 for $1.50
- blue tea pot : $3
- blue oval bowl : $1.50
- wooden salad bowls : $2
- light blue dinner plates : 6 for $2
- red mini bowls : 6 for $3
- red patterned mugs : 4 for $6
- red ramekins : gift from friend
That's about $30 for the contents and $15 for the shelf. Impressive!
For the final touch, she added the potted plant, some books from her living room, and a dish of freshly baked oatmeal cookies. You want to have dinner at my sister's, right?
Hope this inspires you to go thrifting and make your kitchen extra cozy!
Have a wonderful weekend,
p.s. Photo taken and edited by VSCO Cam.