September 13, 2012

thrifted style | that one yellow top

You may or may not already know this about me. I love shopping at thrift stores (I even have a thrifty entertaining series!). I don’t love rummaging through their clothes, however. I’d rather dig through piles of textiles for the home, sort through glassware on a shelf, or meander through their furniture section. I’m trying to get better at thrifting for clothing and accessories (and I do have a mean thrifted belt collection).

This shirt is one of my favorite//most worn shirts. And I was lucky to pick it up at a Unique for $1.00. I wear it with almost everything – high waisted shorts, skinny jeans (in all colors), flairs, etc. And I layer it with florals, tanks, button-ups, etc. And it goes with all my jewelry. And my boyfriend loves it. It’s definitely a winner/keeper. Now that fall is almost here, I cannot wait to think up new outfit combinations.

Do you have any favorite thrifted tops?

Happy Thursday,

1. eskimo*rose

September 13th, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Gorgeous colour, it even looks to have a slight ombre effect going on …

September 13th, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Oh gosh, I wish it was ombre!!! Just the moody morning light though, I think… 🙂

3. Janae @ Bring-Joy

September 13th, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Haha, funny ask, I think *all* (or a good 90%) are thrifted (I'm a Plato's Closet devotee). I feel good about the price point & it's a nice way to feel like I'm doing the "green" thing (recycling clothes). Plus, I do love the worn look of many pieces of clothing, especially jeans.

September 13th, 2012 at 2:07 pm

I was just recently introduced to Plato's Closet (don't know what took me so long to discover it), and I LOVE it there. Although….sometimes I'm overwhelmed by the amount of inventory! But I guess having a lot to choose from is never a bad thing 🙂

5. Milynn {Love + Whimsy}

September 13th, 2012 at 4:04 pm

such a pretty color! Looks like you'll be having a pretty cozy fall 🙂

6. Brynn {chartreuse and a twist}

September 13th, 2012 at 5:57 pm

i absolutely love thrifting but am similar to you – i gravitate towards the home stuff first…but i love when i do find that perfect top – or a fabulous leather jacket for $40…that is probably one of my favorite finds! i can't wait to bust it out once the weather gets a little chillier 🙂 XO Brynn

7. Justin Hackworth

September 13th, 2012 at 8:36 pm

It looks nice on that hanger and all, but what I want to see is what it looks like when you're wearing it.

8. Hilary

September 14th, 2012 at 12:06 am

I can totally relate!! Somedays I feel totally overwhelmed by the clothing racks at thrift stores and then others, all I want to do is try on clothes. I guess it all depends on the mood I'm in. Love this pretty thing of yours, though! Makes me want to go thrifting right now. 😉

9. Shawnee

September 14th, 2012 at 6:38 pm

i'm a thrifter as well… LOVE that top.

10. Jessie Ammons

September 15th, 2012 at 5:01 pm

couldn't agree more about preferring textiles over tops!

11. Debie Grace

September 16th, 2012 at 2:29 am

That otp is lovely! The color is perfect for fall, for me at least! 😛