February 21, 2013

what are you reading?

According to my newly established Editorial Calendar (something I’ve been meaning to make, and finally put together, thanks to a recent Alt Summit Class taught by Chris Gardner), today I was supposed to share a DIY using antler sheds. But, rather than perfect the process yesterday, in order to share something that actually works, I took a nap. I guess life happens, especially when one is having a baby.

So rather than leave you without a pretty post today, I decided to share a little about one of my favorite bloggers, and encourage you to check out Reading My Tea Leaves. Erin‘s cozy space on the internet is one of the first blogs I ever read, and I’m still reading it. Erin is a freelance writer and photographer. I simply love her way of capturing the simple, beloved things in life, and communicating through the internet (which is a difficult thing to do).

Isn’t her photography full of life?! Erin shares diys and projects, recipes, tidbits from her life in Brooklyn, and she has a few “sometimes series” which I always look forward to reading: Life in a Tiny Apartment, My Week in Objects, and others! If you’re looking for a new blog obsess over, I encourage you to click over to Reading My Tea Leaves. You will not be disappointed.

Do you have a favorite read? I’d love to hear!

All photographs in this post by Erin Boyle.
Image 1 // Image 2 // Image 3

P.S. Erin and I ran into each other this time last year at the Brooklyn Kinfolk Dinner. It was really neat!

1. joodlesdoodles

February 21st, 2013 at 2:36 pm

I love Reading my Tea Leaves! My other favorites are:
    A Beautiful Mess
    Lilly's Style
    My Showroom

February 21st, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Oh! The last two are new to me; checking them out now!! Thanks, Jill 🙂

3. Milynn {Love + Whimsy}

February 21st, 2013 at 3:03 pm

I love erin's blog, it is so inspiring and yes, full of life!

4. erin

February 21st, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Rebecca,

This is the kindest thing to stumble upon on a very chilly February morning. Oh, nectarines! Thanks so much for sharing my work here. I'm so touched by your words.

xo,

E.

5. Wendy Townley

February 21st, 2013 at 6:55 pm

When I first read your post, I assumed you were asking about books! (That's the nerd in me.) I just started reading "The Round House" by Louise Erdrich. So far, I can't put it down.

As far as blogs, one of my new favorites is Moth Design: http://www.moth-design.com/

February 21st, 2013 at 7:02 pm

It does sound like I'm asking about books…definitely a good assumption 😉 Just checked out Moth Design…love that planter how-to!

7. Caroline | Wild Folk Studio

February 21st, 2013 at 8:39 pm

gotta love Erin. talented lady.

8. Marie

February 22nd, 2013 at 5:24 pm

And now I found your site through Erin’s link here…you have a great space here as well!

9. Shanna Mallon

February 22nd, 2013 at 5:37 pm

I just wanted to say hi. I came over here from Reading My Tea Leaves's link today and I'm so glad I did. Your space is beautiful! And you've got me intrigued/inspired by the editorial calendar, even when you go off of it like you said you did in this post. Future goal of mine, I think. : )

10. Anh | Feminine 23

February 23rd, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Hey thank you for introducing us this lovely blog. I just went through her blog and liked it a lot. Just subscribed 🙂

11. BON AND JOUR

February 24th, 2013 at 11:00 am

Discovering a new blog which immediately makes you feel like you know the person for years always makes me smile! One of my favorites is 'The second renaissance' (www.lanapribic.blogspot.com) :)!

12. Aida

February 24th, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Hi,
    I found your blog by chance, while peeking others and I decided to check it out! I’m glad I did it, because I am really delighted with yours. It's beautiful, well structured, interesting… and it has completely got me hooked. I think we're going to get along just fine! 😉 I'd like to invite you to meet my space as well and I hope you'll have as much fun as I am having in yours!
    I wish you lots of success
    kisses