March 18, 2013

diy | hanging flower wreath

Hope you had a blessed, productive weekend! Our apartment looks like a tornado hit it, but believe it or not, I’m making serious organization progress. And, Lisa and I had a blast (freezing our fingers off) shooting two style posts! I’m so thankful to be officially welcoming Spring this week. I am ready for the warm weather (and Spring means we’re closer to my due date!).

Nothing spruces up the house for a
party, a gathering of friends, or merely celebrating Spring quite like a
flower wreath. Last year I made a tulip wreath, and this season, it’s a hanging flower wreath.

You probably have most of the supplies on hand; I did! All you need is a wreath form (or make your own), string, flowers (I used baby’s breath, but would love to see something BIG and colorful), ribbon, and scissors.
Then follow these simple steps:
1 // Attach 4 pieces of ribbon to the wreath (this is how you will hang the wreath). Length will depend on how high/low you want the wreath to hang. You want them to be an equal distance from each other, as if you were cutting the wreath in quarters. Once attached to the wreath, gather all four strands, and tie in a double knot at the top.
2 // Using a 3M Command Hook, hang wreath from ceiling. I usually use a stronger adhesive strip with these hooks, since they’re limited to 1/2 pound weight capacity.
3 // Attach strings of various lengths to the inside of the wreath (these will be for the flowers to hang from). You can use as many or as few pieces of string as you’d like.
4 // Tie flowers to hanging end of string.
5 // Fill in with string + flowers wherever there are any gaps.

1. Hannah

March 18th, 2013 at 12:27 pm

This is gorgeous! I am definitely adding this to my list of crafts to make.

March 18th, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Send me a pic if you make it, Hannah! I'd love to see 🙂

3. Courtneyvk

March 18th, 2013 at 12:56 pm

This is so delicate and beautiful! Love it!!

-Courtney

4. Milynn {Love + Whimsy}

March 18th, 2013 at 1:25 pm

beautiful! 🙂 I love that this can be kept up all year and the flowers can be changed out to match the season!

March 18th, 2013 at 3:12 pm

So true! I'm thinking about some bright blooms for Summer!

6. Diana, Down Home Traveler

March 18th, 2013 at 3:50 pm

oh I love it! that's a great idea!

7. Kelly

March 18th, 2013 at 4:10 pm

I really like this, and am thinking it could be the perfect rustic, natural counterpoint to our clean-lined (meaning basic IKEA) furnishings. I like the baby's breath – so delicate.

8. Janika R.

March 18th, 2013 at 4:37 pm

I love this. So cute.

9. Jen

March 18th, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Ahhhh this is so pretty! My girls would love them in their rooms!

10. BON+JOUR

March 18th, 2013 at 9:02 pm

I already loved the idea on instagram- you could also make one in a more tiny version above your baby's bed soon 🙂

11. Bellenza Wedding Bistro

March 19th, 2013 at 2:48 am

Glad to see I'm not the only one in love with wreaths! This is so pretty…and would make a lovely wedding or bridal shower accent piece. 🙂