April 30, 2013

diy | fresh flower napkin rings

I had a few vases full of ranunculus from last week’s shoot with Sweet Root Village and wanted to put them to use…so, I decided to make simple, fresh flower napkin rings. These would be beautiful at any time of the year with any fresh flowers or greenery.
I didn’t think I was going to be at my mom’s in NJ for Mother’s Day this year, but it turns out I will be…so I will definitely be using these napkin rings for our little Mother’s Day celebration.
These napkin rings take very little effort to make; all you need is a bit of twine or string, ribbon, glue (or even clear tape) and some fresh flowers. I decided to use all neutrals, really allowing the bright ranunculus to show off their color. Start playing around with layering the different ribbons and twines until you’re pleased with a look. If you’re going to use ribbon and twine, you can glue (or even tape) the ribbon ends together, or just overlap the ends, and secure by adding string. Slide your flowers under the string and voila: fresh flower napkin rings.
Because they’re fresh, I’d keep the flowers in water for as long as possible and place them in the “rings” right before your gathering begins.

1. fibreandspice

April 30th, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Ahh I love ranunculus blooms! I bet dried flowers would be really pretty too, for seasons when you can't get fresh flowers…

2. Heather

April 30th, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Love this. Your DIYs are my favorite. They're always beautiful and easy enough that I *might* actually be able to do them myself 🙂

x

3. Lindsay

April 30th, 2013 at 4:50 pm

beautiful 🙂 love ranunculus!

4. tracyzhang

April 30th, 2013 at 5:24 pm

simple and elegant!

5. Bellenza Bistro

April 30th, 2013 at 9:33 pm

I have a thing for pretty napkin accents…and you can't beat fresh flowers for 'pretty'!

6. Anna

May 1st, 2013 at 3:50 am

These are so, so pretty, Rebecca!

7. Unknown

May 22nd, 2013 at 9:54 pm

These are soo cute! They would be so perfect for a spring wedding- I am going to pass this along to my friend who is getting married. Thanks!