January 17, 2015

Our Family of Four

Last week Lauren and Rachel from Sweet Root Village trekked out to Purcellville to take our family portraits. I didn’t do a pregnancy announcement with Naomi (like Zoe’s) so I definitely wanted to a family session after our little bundle arrived. I’m obsessed with these photos! They sent over about 400 photos and I had the most difficult time choosing my favorites… Which is why I’m sharing nearly 30 photos today!

I so highly recommend Sweet Root Village for your family portraits, and if at all possible, do it in your own home where you’re most comfortable. And where your kids will be well-behaved. Just kidding. Zoe and Naomi were both crying for about 80% of the time Lauren and Rachel were here (Zoe may have had to be bribed with candy…gasp!) yet they managed to capture some beautiful moments the remaining 20% of the time. We had so much fun during this shoot, and we’re incredibly blessed to have such creatively talented friends! Hope you enjoy this little glimpse into our lives as a family of four!

1. Nic Ridley

January 17th, 2015 at 9:22 pm

Such lovely photos of a beautiful family!

2. Alexandria

January 18th, 2015 at 2:49 am

They are adorable!!!! And Naomi's little moccasins are the cutest little things I have ever seen. Truly a beautiful family.

3. Natalie Britton

January 18th, 2015 at 4:17 pm

Oh my goodness, these pictures are breathtaking. Your family is SO beautiful. Just stunning!

4. Charis

January 18th, 2015 at 7:32 pm

These photos are so beautiful… my heart almost stopped 😉

5. rebekah.

January 18th, 2015 at 8:02 pm

beautiful!! crazy how much older zoe looks compared to naomi and i just love your little family to bits.

6. morestomach.com

January 19th, 2015 at 3:58 pm

i've always wondered about how kids behave during a photo shoot. looking at these pix, you'd never know that any of your kids had been bawling.

your sweater vest/cardigan is pretty, where is it from?

7. dianna

January 19th, 2015 at 7:19 pm

Oh I love these! I can imagine how hard it is to pick favorite photos. I love those booties on Naomi and Zoe's hair piece is adorable!!

8. Janel

January 30th, 2015 at 9:25 pm

I happily stumbled across your blog when I saw your watercolor Valentine's Day cards on Pinterest. I just finished several cards with yours as inspiration, and then had to check out your blog. Oh my…I'm your newest favorite follower. 🙂 And these pictures are perhaps the best newborn family shots I've ever seen. Simply lovely. My favorite is the one at the top of the steps. A view I've not seen before and I love it.

9. Sonja

February 23rd, 2015 at 4:14 am

Beautiful photos! They captured the love of your family perfectly.

10. Unknown