December 29, 2011

DIY | sparkly party hats

I was at a Christmas party a few weeks ago where my friend Elise passed out little ice cream cones filled with tasty treats.  I loved this idea, and was immediately inspired to make something with a cone shape.  I thought of these little sparkly hats, which would be perfect for a New Years Eve celebration.

All you need are the supplies pictured above (and packing tape and hairspray, left out of the picture because they’re not pretty).  Carefully roll the paper into the cone shape and tape sides together.  Glue ribbon to inside of hat.  Coat outside of hat with Gorilla Glue (my new favorite supply – make sure you spread it nice and thin and don’t get it on your hands!) and sprinkle with chunky gold glitter.  Allow the glue to dry, and then spray with a layer of hairspray to help keep the glitter in place.  And voila, your unicorn-look-a-like party hats are complete and ready to help you bring in the New Year!

Thanks to Rachel and Joshua for being such wonderful models!

P.S. If you have a few minutes to spare, I’d so appreciate it if you took this brief survey I put together!  I’m trying to learn a bit more about what you want on the blog!

1. Style Servings

December 29th, 2011 at 9:39 am

These are so cute!

2. Colleen / Inspired to Share

December 29th, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Love this!! I like your little twist – wearing them like a unicorn! ; ) I'm going to have to pick up some of that gorilla glue!

3. Niina - It seems pretty obvious.

December 29th, 2011 at 6:41 pm

These are adorable! 🙂

4. Aarti Patel

December 30th, 2011 at 3:51 am

This is so cutee! I Love this!

thesecondparty.blogspot.com

5. My Many Moments

December 30th, 2011 at 4:24 am

I love these party hats! I haven't filled out your questionar yet and I have been awful about leaving comments but I love your blog! The very first post I read was I think last summer when you made the tree stump side table. You are on my Inspiring blog list on my blog 😉
    Can't wait to see what you come up with in 2012

6. morgan.

December 31st, 2011 at 4:03 am

i really want to wear this so i can pretend to be a unicorn. but don't tell anyone.

7. rachael

January 11th, 2012 at 2:55 am

these are so fricken cool! anything sparkly.

8. Anonymous

January 21st, 2014 at 8:13 pm

hes so cute c;

9. Blooms And Bugs

April 20th, 2014 at 3:21 pm

wow! these look so much fun!