February 17, 2012

saw it made it // 01

Recently, I’ve actually made two things I spotted on Pinterest.  First, I used powdered sugar to decorate the top of my Valentine cupcakes.  And now, this necklace.  I used the supplies I had on hand (so no pretty brass hex nuts).  I feel so accomplished (and not just lazy for staring at Pinterest for hours on end).  ha!

And the coolest thing?  I’ve worn it three times, and received compliments every time!  Thank you, Pinterest (and Sally J Shim)!

Have you ever made anything you discovered on Pinterest?  They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery.  I know I’d be jumping over the moon if I saw one of my DIYs attempted by someone else!  Have you ever tried one of my DIYs?  I’d love to know (and see pictures)!!

My boyfriend, Joe, is visiting from VA this weekend, and I’m planning some fun, unusual dates.  I can’t wait….!

Have a blessed weekend!

till Monday,

1. Amanda

February 17th, 2012 at 1:39 pm

It's super cute! I have made recipes from Pinterest many times but never jewellery. The recipes there are crazy awesome sometimes! Love the necklace!

2. Kyla

February 17th, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Oh that necklace is so cool! What a fun idea. I have such a list of project I want to make from pinterest, but I haven't had the chance to make any yet…

3. Your Southern Peach

February 17th, 2012 at 1:43 pm

I told myself just this week I need to start making and stop pinning! I love your DIY and hope you have a very fun weekend with your special guy!

4. K

February 17th, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Oh, how lovely! Good old, Pinterest.
    Hope you and the boy have a fab weekend!
    xo.

5. Lauren Margaret

February 17th, 2012 at 2:01 pm

This is totally adorable! I've made a couple of things from Pinterest and they were tons of fun.

Have a GREAT weekend with Joe! <3

6. Jessica

February 17th, 2012 at 2:09 pm

I'd totally rock that bad boy!

7. sherri lynn

February 17th, 2012 at 2:39 pm

I hope you have a great weekend with Joe! 🙂 I've never tried one of your DIYs but I've been on the lookout for a wooden tray to paint gold stripes on it!

8. Sara S ♥

February 17th, 2012 at 2:59 pm

This is such a great idea! Love it!
    ~Sara
    sarastrauss.blogspot.com

9. Quindome

February 17th, 2012 at 3:09 pm

I love the combo of the wood and metal! I'm not usually one for the DIY, but this might be worth making since I have the supplies too!

10. Viviana

February 17th, 2012 at 3:10 pm

So pretty! I love this DIY 🙂

11. Chica, Cienna, and Cali

February 17th, 2012 at 5:24 pm

very pretty! have fun!

12. Sarah

February 17th, 2012 at 5:44 pm

It looks great! Awesome job =)

– Sarah

13. Victoria

February 17th, 2012 at 8:29 pm

What a lovely necklace! Don't you love Pinterest?

And I love your blog! I just added you to my reader!

gilead in bloom

14. Morlee

February 17th, 2012 at 9:15 pm

I love this necklace! I'm a huge fan of oversize beads.

15. Lorna Diwa

February 18th, 2012 at 2:36 am

Love this! Just discovered your blog and it's officially my new daily favourite – thank you!

16. laurenjeanallece

February 18th, 2012 at 3:21 am

Oh, so in love! I will be attempting this tomorrow (maybe even tonight!) – I'll be sure and post pictures and link back to your blog (which I love by the way, it's such a happy corner of the internet here!)

17. Punctuation Mark

February 19th, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Adorable and so easy to make! hope you're having a nice weekend!

18. Anna @ IHOD

February 20th, 2012 at 1:51 am

So simple and so fantasticly lovely. I have been wanting to die some wooden beads to work with!

19. Lauren

February 20th, 2012 at 1:57 pm

I just made a table runner out of burlap that I saw on pinterest. I was ridiculously proud of myself, and you should be too! Gorgeous necklace!

20. Lissa (Bellenza)

February 21st, 2012 at 1:58 pm

No wonder you got compliments! Such a cute necklace. 🙂

February 22nd, 2012 at 6:24 pm

the only DIY i've ever done was because i was desperate, and you introduced me to pinterest and saved the day 🙂 DIY's usually intimidate me, but these little chocolate nests really are as easy as she says, and they taste delicious!!! http://www.howdoesshe.com/the-most-beautiful-baby-shower-ever . thanks for helping me impress everyone at the baby shower with these treats, via the pinterest intro! 🙂

22. onemanyextras

February 23rd, 2012 at 5:02 pm

i just found a pretty little wooden necklace on etsy that i'd love to re-create, and now this tutorial!

question though- how did you secure the ends? just tie? i stand at hobby lobby sometimes trying to figure out how to attach the necklace claps to larger strands of twine/rope.

Thanks! -becca

23. Bella

June 7th, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Wow! I super love this necklace3 and thanks for the tutorial. I am a fashion lover and jewelry buyer too. I used to combine my fashion and fabulous jewelry to enhance my look! This is cool. I'll try to make it soon!

24. Janet Mcdaniel

June 18th, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Sally J Shim is so amazing! They have very creative ideas! I love how they mix wood, metal, and bullion bars on their products.