May 16, 2012

thrifty entertaining | vintage details

Tuesday at 9 AM is supposedly the best time to shop my local thrift shop. They are closed Mondays, and re-stock the shelves with coveted vintage junk (aka treasures). As per usual, I stopped by yesterday morning to see what I would take home. I spotted these vintage Anchor Hocking oil and vinegar cruets and snatched them real quick. I think I paid 50 cents for the pair.

When I’m thrifting I try to see past the dirt and grime and imagine my finds all clean and sitting on my prop shelf. These cruets were pretty dirty (one had solidified oil inside), but with a little tlc and some extra hot, soapy water, they cleaned up perfectly!

This morning I was browsing pinterest and spotted this gorgeous ombre pin and immediately felt the urge to recreate that photo with my new salmon-colored cruets. Go ahead and say it, “COPY CAT!”

I love the soft feel of this photo, and cannot wait to use these beauties, maybe next time friends gather for dinner!

Do you have a favorite vintage find? Please tell me all about it…and make me jealous. 😉

1. the southern hostess

May 16th, 2012 at 2:22 pm

They're beautiful! I love the photo too.

2. Amanda

May 16th, 2012 at 2:33 pm

what a great find! it can be so hard to see past the junk and discover the real treasures. i love scoring vintage books for my little lady and anything pyrex, of course. i got an entire pink set of bowls the other week for $15! i was pretty stoked. great post, girl!

xo, amanda

3. Amy Turman

May 16th, 2012 at 4:32 pm

These are so dainty and pretty. I need to try thrifting asap.

xoxo,
    mon amy

4. helensarahvaughan

May 16th, 2012 at 4:32 pm

I've found quite a few lately here are some > http://helensarahvaughan.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/old-christ-church-flea-market-waterloo.html 🙂

5. Eleven Gray

May 16th, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Love it!

6. Lena at A Crimson Kiss

May 16th, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Those cruets are just amazing–and the photo of them is heavenly! John recently picked up a 1950s silk skirt with amazing black velvet inserts–I adore it!

May 17th, 2012 at 12:56 pm

oh my, Lena, that sounds darling! Have you shared it on your blog yet?? 🙂

8. Stephanie Hillberry

May 16th, 2012 at 11:55 pm

I feel like every vintage things I find from the thrift store is my FAVORITE EVER find. But probably if I had to pick I would choose the sold wood armoire that sits in my dining room. I. LOVE. IT. I found it at my local Habitat for Humanity Restore and I think I would sell everything I own except for the armoire.

May 17th, 2012 at 12:57 pm

hahaa Stephanie, I kinda feel the same way about all my finds. But wow, that armoire sounds gorgeous!

10. Naomi

May 17th, 2012 at 1:28 am

Those are so beautiful!! I've never even heard the word "cruets." Now I'm gonna be keeping an eye out for some!

May 17th, 2012 at 12:57 pm

lol, I was afraid to use that word…but my grandma's been using it for as long as I can remember, so I went with it 😉

12. Style Servings

May 17th, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Wooooow what a find!

13. Victoria

May 21st, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Those are gorgeous! Seriously… What a great find:)

14. Kelley

May 22nd, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Love these!

15. Maalai

August 3rd, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Hi all World historical events,Android apps tamil news,World news on android Breaking news for iphone

16. 王红

August 17th, 2012 at 6:22 am

Thank you for sharing, so lucky to read your post, i will read your post time to time,thank you!If you like Tods Women Shoes you can come here have a look.include Tods Shoes,Tods Shoes Sale,Tods Shoes Store,Tods Shoes Outlet,Cheap Tods Shoes.