February 5, 2013

recipe | fried chickpeas

I think chickpeas are one of my favorite foods. And I love to eat them fried. They are simple to make, and absolutely scrumptious.

You’ll need the following: chickpeas, olive oil, fresh garlic, and salt. Warm the oil in a medium sized frying pan on medium heat, then add 2 cloves of minced (or sliced, your preference) garlic. Keep an eye on the garlic, and stir frequently to keep it from burning or browning. After cooking the garlic for about 2 minutes, add chickpeas (if using canned, make sure to drain and rinse). Fry until your desired crispiness is achieved. I like to cover the pan and turn it up to medium/high heat so they get crunchy. Every few minutes I’ll give them a good stir, and re-cover. Add a pinch of salt, and serve. If I’m feeling daring (ha, I’m an olive oil and garlic girl), I’ll add herbs for extra flavor (like rosemary or basil).

These are perfect on their own as a light meal, as a salad topping, served with rice, etc. Last week I mixed them into a couscous and collard greed dish and Joe loved it!

What’s your favorite way to eat/cook chickpeas?

1. Anonymous

February 5th, 2013 at 4:13 pm

I am so glad you are back to blogging..I missed you so. Looking forward to wedding pictures.

2. Milynn {Love + Whimsy}

February 5th, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Yum! looks like such a good snack 🙂

3. Janelle @ Two Cups Of Happy

February 5th, 2013 at 7:42 pm

I love chickpeas in any form. I'll have to try them this way!

4. Oh Sunnie Day

February 5th, 2013 at 10:11 pm

That sounds delicious! I definitely have to try this

xx

Jen

5. Mat

February 6th, 2013 at 10:15 am

i didn't even know you could fry then, news to me

February 8th, 2013 at 2:17 am

i cannot wait to try this! i buy paint-cans of chickpeas and use them in hummus and 'as a garnish for salads' (as the label suggests) but i'm always struggling to use so many before they expire. i have a feeling we will love them fried! thank you Rebecca!

7. Liz

February 8th, 2013 at 8:26 pm

have you ever thought about adding some variation in how you take the pictures of food? the bird eye view every. single. time. every. single. day. has gotten so boring.

February 8th, 2013 at 8:30 pm

Thanks for asking, Liz! Right now, I only have an iPhone to take pics with, and am limited as to the angle, etc. But very soon I hope to purchase a dslr. Hope you'll like my photos then! But the overhead shot is a favorite of mine, so it won't ever go away completely. 🙂

9. Brendon Taylor

September 14th, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Many Thanks for this recipe,its wonderful. courseworkpoint.co.uk

10. Aas Mohammad

October 10th, 2013 at 5:12 am

Valuable information and excellent design you got here! I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and time into the stuff you post!!

where to buy garcinia cambogia
    weight loss garcinia cambogia
    100 pure garcinia cambogia

11. Brendon Taylor

January 20th, 2014 at 3:04 pm

The recipe is so simple and full of taste.dissertation editing service by dissertation labs

12. Mark Wright

September 12th, 2014 at 10:21 am

I think it's helpful to have a lot of pre-packaged items that you created in your moments of
    inspiration. In this way you can just sit down and write the details.

Cheap Essay Writing

13. kewin stewart

December 4th, 2014 at 12:10 am

expensive in sequence and outstanding plan you get now! I would akin to express thanks you for division your judgment and occasion into the material you job!! Coursework help pros

14. Swati singh

February 4th, 2015 at 10:55 am

From the given link Website i got forge of empires hack tool and generate many supplies and golds also.