August 15, 2013

A Late Summer Party for Refinery29

A few weeks ago, a handful of friends and I gathered for a late-summer dinner party (my first post-baby cocktail party!). I kept the menu simple (you kinda have to do that with no oven): a table full of summer salads, freshly baked bread from the corner bakery, plenty of margaritas (with Grand Marnier courtesy of Refinery29), and a Grand Marnier-infused crepe cake with fresh berries (made by my friend Chelsea).

I’m blessed to have such generous friends – Rachel from Sweet Root Village arranged the baskets of summery blooms (and took all these photos), and Chris and John from Zion Springs Bed and Breakfast allowed me to set up in their lovely gardens (Chris and John are the most gracious hosts if you ever need a place to
lay your head in the Purcellville area…and they hold some gorgeous weddings at Zion Springs, too).

Head over to Refinery29 for the full story!

1. Carlene Thomas RD

August 15th, 2013 at 4:05 pm

So, so gorgeous. Evenings in Virginia are perfection for dinner parties.

August 26th, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Agreed, Carlene…especially this time of year! I want late-summer to last forever.

3. Margeaux Cotton

August 18th, 2013 at 12:11 am

I'm loving this location! This is perfect – I love simple gatherings with friends.

August 26th, 2013 at 2:27 pm

I know…I'm so thankful my friends let us gather in their lovely gardens!

5. Claudia Bravo MacPherson

August 24th, 2013 at 6:45 am

I love how real these photos feel. I hope that makes sense ^_^ Thank you for sharing. xx C

August 26th, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Thanks, Claudia! Makes total sense 🙂

7. Yelle

August 24th, 2013 at 3:28 pm

this meal looks absolutely delicious – especially that crepe cake! and the night looks like it was the perfect weather for this soiree. i agree with claudia, these photos really evoke a sense of a wonderful gathering with friends.

August 26th, 2013 at 2:28 pm

It was truly a gathering of friends, which is why it looks that way 🙂 Thanks so much for your kind words, Yelle!

9. Anonymous

September 10th, 2013 at 8:40 am

Visit http://birthdayplanet.net/parties/show/307-plants-vs-zombies and learn how to arrange a theme based party idea that reflects your concern of protecting nature.