I’m excited to share a few DIYs for Kid-Friendly Christmas Ornaments over the next day or two. The ornaments themselves are super kid-friendly (not breakable), and some of the DIYs are also kid-friendly. First up, these adorable Homemade Yarn Letters. The girls wanted to make little gifts for their cousins, so we got out a bunch of craft supplies. After playing around with a few ideas, we settled on these! The process couldn’t be simpler, and the result is really cute. These ornaments would also make adorable stocking stuffers and gift toppers.
Here’s how to make your own yarn letter ornaments:
1. Draw letter shapes onto cardboard, then cut out. To make all the letters roughly the same size, I used a ruler to make a line 4 1/2″ up from the bottom of the cardboard, and drew the letters in that 4 1/2″ section.
2. Begin to wrap letter in yarn. TO start, you can either use the hot glue gun to hold the end of the yarn in place, or you can wrap yarn tightly around the end to keep it in place.
3. Carefully make sure cardboard corners are covered, using hot glue gun to hold yarn in place if necessary.
4. For letters that need the center cut out (like B or P or R or D), I used the yarn needle to help wrap the yarn around and through the hole.
5. When cardboard is completely covered and letter is nice and chunky, tie yarn end to back of ornament.
6. Using the yarn needle, thread a 5″ piece of yarn at the top of the back and tie ends together for hanging on tree or attaching to packages.
Et voila! You’re done! Enjoy this simple handmade ornament DIY!
Please note: this post contains affiliate links. What this means is if you purchase one of these products through my links, I may earn a small commission from the brand, at no extra cost to you. If you like what you see and are going to shop, would you consider doing so through my links? Shop A Daily Something will help me to provide for my family and enable me to continue doing what I love: creating beautiful content to inspire you to make more of life’s daily somethings.
Discovering how to inhabit our lives—ourselves, our work, our relationships, our homes, and our entertaining spaces—with intention.
Interested in working together?
Click here to visit the Contact page and get in touch.
Be the first to know of upcoming workshops, dinners, gatherings, and more.
Learn more about A Daily Something styling services, content creation offerings and view curated work.
ALL PHOTOS AND IMAGES ON A DAILY SOMETHING ARE BY A DAILY SOMETHING UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED. IF YOU SEE AN IMAGE THAT IS NOT PROPERLY SOURCED, PLEASE LET US KNOW AND WE'LL UPDATE THE INFORMATION! IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE A PHOTO OR TUTORIAL FROM A DAILY SOMETHING, PLEASE ONLY SHARE ONE PHOTO, WHICH MUST BE CREDITED AND LINKED BACK TO A DAILY SOMETHING.
SPONSORED POSTS WILL ALWAYS BE DISCLOSED AND ANY GIFTED ITEMS WILL BE MARKED C/O. WE ONLY WORK WITH COMPANIES THAT ARE A GOOD FIT FOR THE A DAILY SOMETHING AESTHETIC AND CONTENT. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE COMPANIES THAT ENABLE US TO CONTINUE PRODUCING QUALITY CONTENT.